I think the Paranid are still mad...

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » I think the Paranid are still mad...

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I started up a new game of TC after getting bored with AP. Bankrupt Assassin start. At first it was fairly difficult but the ship it gives you isn't bad. I capped a Paranid M3 and sold for starting cash. Upgraded the Mamba with 6 PACs and maxed the shields and upgrades. At this point the Boron are still sending bounty hunters after me. So I do a few missions in argon space for Boron guys (if that makes sense) until finally they are blue to me again. I do the same with the Paranid and they let me into Paranid Prime and everything.

I found a "Hard" patrol mission in Emperor Mines but it gave minimal pay:
Picture
(mission in progress)

I'm almost done! Just gotta clear a few scouts and fighters and i'll gain another rank of Paranid rep, woot! Wait a minute... W... T... F...
Picture

I think they still mad I shot up some of their ships lol.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. Well, I guess what you call a near impossible mission lol
Although if you could take any of them down, you get some good money although I guess that's impossible with those khaak lasers.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

"Carriers and Destroyers and Corvettes..Oh my!"
And sticking with the classic movies theme--"Run Sinxar.....RUN!"

And as for the Paranid...any day you can slap their snouts is a good day. Poke

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Indeed I did run, and abandoned the mission for obvious reasons. I seem to have the worst (or maybe the best) luck when it comes to the Khaak. Seriously, whats the odds that a Khaak invasion would occur right when I was on a patrol mission. In the previous sectors only a handful of khaak scouts and a fighter spawned.

But then again in my last TC game they invaded Ore Belt while I was trying to do some ninja trading.

Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Why is there so much hate towards the Paranid Race? I honestly rather enjoy "role playing" as the race I start as. Thus, as Paranid, I love to stay almost entirely in Paranid, Teladi, and Split space. Duke it out with Argon whenever possible, and annihilate Pirates that get in my way.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Might be their aggressive nature towards the Argon, might be those 3 beady eyes they have.
Maybe it's because they haven't learned to direct traffic properly through their Gates.

Everyone has to have someone to dislike, just happens many of us pick the Paranid.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

whats the odds that a Khaak invasion would occur right when I was on a patrol mission.

Oh, I thought it was part of the mission. Darn unlucky.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

The Paranid are an easy and obvious target to me, mainly because of that natural condescending tone they use. I admit though, my next DiD will be a Paranid only one, might use the Poisoned Paranid start... Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't mind the paranid. I like their M3s but the capitals just don't look right to me.

that natural condescending tone they use.
- Kirlack

I like using Paranid marines just because of that. Love it when they are cutting the hull.

Watch as the hull bends to my will.
- "Ebmanckettiks"

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, they do get some truly awesome lines, and I have to admit the dialect does make me laugh...still, when I'm looking for a race to pick on the 'nids and the squids are always at the tops of my list :p

Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I dont mind the paranid. I like their M3s but the capitals just dont look right to me.
- Sinxar

Personally, I love their Capital Ships. If you want to be in one ship able to nuke pretty much everything else, hop in a Odysseus and deck it out with Phased Shockwave Generators. EVERYTHING in whatever sector you decided is going to have a bad day.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

You know thats one weapon I have never used. I think I will get one or two M2s this time around to play with.

Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

You know thats one weapon I have never used. I think I will get one or two M2s this time around to play with.
- Sinxar

When I first equipped one, I kept thinking, "well I can wreck M3's to M5's now." Then I targeted an Argon Titan... dear god did it die fast! It's such a treat, but as Roguey put it in the weapon descriptions; PSG's don't play nice with allies.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

PSGs don't play nice with anyone Wink One of my favourite pastimes in the X universe is to load up my Aggamemnon for a tour through Xenon space Big grin Ruin the machines!

You need to log-in to post here.