Your War

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Your War

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

TC let's us go to war with any Race(s) we want to.
"If" you were to decide to start a war, how would you conduct your campaign?

What Race are you playing?
What Race(s) would you attack?

War can be played several different way, so;
Would you do "pirate" raids...hitting commercial targets outside your enemy's Sectors?
Conduct "raider" attacks...taking out military targets outside your enemy's Sectors?
Attack military targets only...combat ships and Military Outposts inside your opponents Sectors?
All-out war against all targets in your opponents Sectors?
Or are you interested in all-out genocide...spending your entire life hunting down anything that even looks like they have knowledge of your enemy?
Or a combination of these options?

I'm playing as an Argon and I'm preparing to begin offensive operations against the Paranid.
I will be conducting "Raider" attacks on military ships outside their Sectors first, then move my forces to take out all their military assets within Paranid Sectors.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

In AP I hated the Terrans and if they had a strong military in TC I would love to mess with them. They have some powerful ships that take a bit of effort to kill. I wish they would actually work together if you attack more than one race. like if i attacked the Argon and Terrans, they would team up and patrol each others space looking for you. perhaps even incursions into systems where you have factories. But since none of that is possible, i like this option:

Conduct "raider" attacks...taking out military targets outside your enemys Sectors
- cjm3fl

I think that would keep it interesting without taking the game out of its frame.

I would have military grade patrols moving along the outside of the target races sectors and common routes. When they meet up let them fight OOS with little to no intervention. That way your not simply crushing them with a single M2. I'm thinking I would like to go up against the Split or Boron. The Boron are actually a pretty strong race as they tend to have their military concentrated in small areas.

Right now i'm playing a 'stats' game. I want to upload it to beat my old TC stats upload. but after that I should really try a war game. I think it would be fun to do this from the start instead of after basically having the universe cornered.

Another option is RRF. The real RRF, not that butchered version in AP. I used it in Reunion and it was awesome then. The TC version has a ton of options and war mechanics built into it so thats another option if you want a more realistic war.

You need to log-in to post here.