game starts

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » game starts

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I thought your Goner Pirate DiD story was awesome, I wish you could do more of it, because you left it on such a cliffhanger.... Such a shame about your PC dying on you!
- RandomTank

Thanks mate Big grin Yeah, I was rather gutted, both because I lost the saves and because I lost all the work I'd written for chapters 18 & 19 Whatever But, as I said I'm considering using the cheat package to spawn some of my fleet back and picking it up again after WotG.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

That would be cool, it helps that you put a list of all your ships after each chapter. Did your hard drive conk out on your old PC? Because if it wasn't your hard drive that broke you can still extract the files from it, just stick it in a newer PC. I'm starting to read through your WOTG DiD, and I'm really enjoying it, I love your writing style; keep up the good work!

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

We're getting way off topic here, so this'll be my last reply as far as my DiDs go Wink

My comp died and as far as I'm aware took the hard drive with it. Since I replaced the drive and re-istalled everything I've not gotten to checking the old one yet. However my tower did fall over again after I started WotG, but I've now put a massive RAM upgrade in and it's running like a dream Smile So it's possible, but as yet untested, that I can retrieve both the saves, and the work on the chapters Smile And since I'm enjoying WotG so much I'm in no massive rush to check lol ;p

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Cool, completely understandable! To put it back on topic, has anyone had a go doing the Lost Lar start? Because surviving the first 5 mins seems damn near impossible! Trying to escape Xenon Core 023 is bad enough, then you have to go through 2 others just to get to 'safe' territory! And all of that in a TP!! One of the more challenging starts, I have to say...

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Lost Lar is probably the most challenging game start, but judicious use of strafe for extra speed wins the day Smile You only need to survive as far as either Zyarth's Dominion or Grand Exchange and the rest is plain sailing Big grin

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, strafing = win, but I can't even remember, does the Angel come with full speed? From what I remember I just kept dying to fast Ms with PBEs. I think the Angel would be a really good start ship otherwise, 1600 XL cargo, 155m/s and can have a couple of PAC turrets, probably one of the best all rounder start ships. Which start can earn the Hyperion? And what do you have to do to get it?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ooh, that's a good point. A sub 100m/s Angel would be very difficult. I've flown an Angel as a starting ship on a couple of my customized starts and it is a great early game personal ship. Very versatile.

It's the Poisoned Paranid start that can net you the Hyperion, but you need to make 25 million credits in the first 72 hours to earn it. You also get either an Advanced or a Prototype Perseus.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Eeee ouch, 25 mil in 3 days? How would you do that? Seems damn near impossible....

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hard yes but I use mobile mining. It take couple of days to do but I have done it .

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Eeee ouch, 25 mil in 3 days? How would you do that? Seems damn near impossible....
- RandomTank

Nah, not impossible. You're more or less force to get the Boron on side (as you need to pay them the 25 mil for the cure), and if you then get the Teladi on side as well, buy a Kestrel, run some passengers about....it soon stacks up. I remember one guy reporting he'd cracked the 25 million mark by ~30 hours into a new game, Vanilla TC 3.1

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

- RandomTank

Probably mining, That's how I start up in all of my games, regardless of the chosen start, it doesn't have any risk of loosing profitsss, and silicon wafers sell pretty high, and if you can get hold of some Nividium, even better, a few cycles of that, upgrade, resume earning. Wink

Capping ships is another option and my personal second choice, though I have addons that help with that, either way though, gain some fight rank, select a race you really hate, go after M3s and freighters of theirs. Each M3 should make at least 700K, and freighters should fetch around 100~K, but it's way riskier. Rambo

I guess you could do missions too, I duno why I avoid 'em, lol

Either way you'll be cutting it close doing some hardcore ingame work, pulling off some skill. It'll teach you how to play for sure, well worth it though! Big grin

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I spose running passengers about with a Kestrel is a good idea, cheap to set up, no further expenses, unlikely to die, no freighters/fighters to lose, that's a good idea! I like the idea of mobile mining, I may have to try that, any ship that you might suggest?

Also, do you die at the end of the three days, because you didn't get the cure?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Last time I did this start I was manually trading with the Boron in my starting Demeter. As soon as I had enough cash for a fully kitted out Kestrel I bought one, and set up the Demeter as a M.O.R.T. (manually operated remote trader). That pushed my trade rank up quite quickly, which in turn increased the payouts I got from taxi missions in my Kessy. It's really not hard for it to snowball from there, and 72 of full on missions will most certainly make you the cash.

Also, do you die at the end of the three days, because you didn't get the cure?
- RandomTank

I don't actually know, I've not 'failed' the mission yet. I've died a few times when I was playing the start as DiD, but I've always managed to pay them off before the time runs out otherwise Wink

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I spose running passengers about with a Kestrel is a good idea, cheap to set up, no further expenses, unlikely to die, no freighters/fighters to lose, that's a good idea! I like the idea of mobile mining, I may have to try that, any ship that you might suggest?
- RandomTank

Mobile Mining 101
Beer

If budget is an Issue then pretty much any transport works, if it's reaally an issue then you can even use some heavy fighters and even M6s, but I liked the split TS super freighter XL, just be very careful when driving around in asteroid fields, one hit in a ship with that kind of shielding will end you pretty quick. If you have money to spend then go for one of the new TS+ ships, the split Drake, Boron Sturgeon, or the new Argon Lotan with a wonderful 15,500 cargo space Eek

You can also buy smaller freighters with special command software and make them harvest space rocks. Add on to it even more still and equip them all with the transporter device and set a TL as their home base and set 'em to collect rocks again, makes a TON of credits, surprisingly the main issue is finding somewhere to sell your load :p

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I like your guide, and i have to agree that I also like the Caiman Super Freighter XL, but unfortunately the TS+ aren't in TC, there are only in AP; i have used them in AP, and they are very very useful if money is no issue!

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.