Software/Upgrade Guide

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Software/Upgrade Guide

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Has anyone put together a list of the ship software upgrades and what ships can actually use them, and which ones work only in a ship you personally pilot/might pilot?
I've found lists telling you what they do and one that tells you which one(s) you need for certain commands.

Back when I first started playing TC I had no idea what upgrades were best installed on what ships so I was installing all that I could afford.

I mean is having "carrier command software" is kind of useless on an M3.
Unless I'm going to fly a ship personally "docking computer" seem unnecessary as does "video enhancement goggles".
And does "boost extension" really work on anything besides a fighter-class ship, that I'm piloting?

I'm just wondering if there is a guide with this kind of information so new players can refer to it?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well to be honest they dont cost all that much, so I end up buying all of them without taking much notice. LOL

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am upgrading pretty quick right now, and not noticing the cost either. I am adding upgrades to all those ships I had parked/docked and didn't have use for....until now.

But back in the beginning <<add soft harp music here>> when I first started playing TC there wasn't much information about what-was-what in software upgrades. These were the days when funds were in short supply.

By the time I figured most of it out I had a dozen fighters and freighters with unnecessary upgrades.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!

You need to log-in to post here.