Fixing A Station Problem with A Complex

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Fixing A Station Problem with A Complex

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Several (game)weeks ago I built a Silicon Mine 'M' in Montalaar Sector on a 20-yield asteroid.
The Mine purchase was a mistake and I carried it around in a TL for too long before deploying it.

It's been a drain ever since I set it up.
In that Sector there are already 2 other Silicon 'M' facilities.
I was first thinking about using it as target practice for one of my capital ships, but I rethought that idea.

Instead I decided to build a Complex around it and see how it does.
I added the following;
--Silicon Mine 'L' on a 18-yield asteroid
--Solar Power Plant 'L'
--Crystal Fab 'L'
--BoGas 'L'
--BoFu 'L'

This is a new self-sufficient E-cell production Complex. I added some e-cells and crystals to get things going.
E-cells are priced at 15cr and all the other items have their prices max'ed.
This Complex is set to 'sell' only.
It has no money added but what it makes.

I set it up for other shipping and I'll see how well it does.
I opened to other shipping 111 days and 8 hours into my game.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Good shout, self sufficient power plexes will always make money selling off excess cells Smile Get yourself a decent CAG working and set his sell limit at 30% or so and the profits should come rolling in. You could even set your price a bit higher, cells will easily go for 18 credits in that area Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

You could even set your price a bit higher, cells will easily go for 18 credits in that area Big grin
- Kirlack

in principle i agree, but after 111 days the GOD engine might have changed the economy enough to need a different credit value, whether lower or higher - and i'm surprised you can sell like that early on, only 3 jumps from both Akeela's Beacon (19 equivalent SPP in 400% sun) and Ceo's Doubt (2 XL SPP, 150% sun). (there might be another good ecell sector in the boron sectors there, but i'm not nearly as aware of them)

Also, a minor point, you're only supplying about 90% of the crystals that the SPP can use there in that complex, but to just turn profit this is still about your best bet.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks for the posts and input.
It definitely beats using that Mining Station for target practice.

This is my 14th Complex, 4th that was built strictly for "commercial production"...and there is one that I opened up after meeting the HUB plot's teladianium needs.

The older "open" Complexes have brought in over 2.2B credits so far (I haven't had to use their funds yet).
Who ever says Station and Complex building doesn't pay needs to peek at my accounts Wink

Planning a pair of large Crystal Complexes to help complete the HUB plot that will be "opened" later.

I have a few Complexes that 'fall short' on crystal production, yeni...I just move some over from other Complexes to keep things moving.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Update:
It's been 8.25 (game)hours since I opened this E-cell plant to traffic...a 2,652,000 credits income so far.
Not bad for a Complex selling only E-cells and only has a single 'L' Solar Plant.

I just finished building two other Complexes, built strictly for commercial trade.
Updates will be coming about these 2 shortly.

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

a 2,652,000 credits income so far. Not bad for a Complex selling only E-cells and only has a single L Solar Plant.
- cjm3fl

oh yes, better than i've heard of for e-cell selling since X2: The Energy Cell Sales Game Wink
(and been there in X2 is probably why i unconsciously try to avoid selling ecells in X3)

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm pleasantly surprised myself.

I reset the price to 14cr. There were good sales at 15cr, but they really started moving off the shelves at 14cr. Presently I have 3 ships inbound and the Complex can keep up with demand.

The "Grand Opening" was 111 day and 8 hours into my game. This is when I adjusted the parameters to allow 'other' ships to dock and buy. I 'opened' the Complex, and marked the day/time, when I had plenty of e-cells in inventory.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Presently: 112 day, 20 hours into my game.
Montalaar Power Complex presently = 9,075,618 cr with e-cells @ 14cr.

I built 2 other Complexes since then.
In Hatikvah's Faith I build a combined Sunrise Flower (12cr) and Delexian Wheat (18cr) Complex.
Went into 'business' 111 day and 18 hours into my game.
Presently = 2,612,982 cr.

111 days and 21 hours into my game I 'opened' a Weed (2,850cr) Complex in Freedom's Reach.
It's made 11,328,750 cr.

It's all about Location, Location---and the right Product!!!
There's money to be made in this X-verse.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Why not get some CAGs to sell your stuff at high prices?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The main reason I've built these Complexes is to see how profitable they could be by "selling" only.

Why not get some CAGs to sell your stuff at high prices?
- Sinxar

I'm playing complete 'vanilla' this particular game.
I don't have the bonus pack installed.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

A final report on those 3 "commercial" Complexes.
Date/time: 114 day, 18.5 hours into the game.

Freedom's Reach Weed Complex: 32,202,500 cr
Hatikvah's Faith Flower and Wheat Complex: 7,600,458 cr
Montalaar Power Complex: 22,393,692 cr

Total of 62,196,650 credits.
Not the quickest way to make money with Complexes, and I could definitely have CAG'ed some freighters and make more, but I'm pleased with the type and locations.

In a few (game)days these facilities made enough money to buy, and well equip, any M7 in the game.
Or to build an additional Complex to increase incoming funds.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Or to build an additional Complex to increase incoming funds.
- cjm3fl

The biggest problems with making complexs: oh, ill just add another few stations. Before you know it, its 100+ stations big.

ps. I also found Freedoms reach rather good for selling weed - cant seem to buy it fast enough!

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

ps. I also found Freedoms reach rather good for selling weed - cant seem to buy it fast enough!
- Roguey
I'm seeing that.
I definitely might be open to adding another Complex there, or placing more Stations to the Complex I have.

I have a pair of ships docked waiting for their cargo and 3 more on the way (2 want 4500 units the other just wants anything in stock). So I have a market.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well just watch when expanding complexes that you dont over tax the mines, otherwise it can be a pain to get silicon. Freedom's reach isnt a good place to setup traders - best to keep it self-contained.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

OH no no no....I'm not personally going to move anything of the 'stuff' out of Freedom's Reach.
They want it, they can come and get it.

But you remind me that I still have to 'home' some defense fighters (and maybe an M6) there.
Struggling to keep up with demand but bringing in nice cash.

On a side note, I've renamed it "Stoner's Hub" Nod

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, I like the name. It does get me a little, the most profitable stations in X3AP/TC are illegal.

I have a lot of problems selling weapons, missiles or shields.. however weed, goes like anything. I guess everyone in the x-universe likes to get stoned lol

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.