I Keep Learning Things About This Game

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » I Keep Learning Things About This Game

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

The manual that comes with the game(s) isn't really worth much more then getting the new owner's interest.
A lot of the information is incomplete, more is out of date with each update to the game.
Once you mod your game, the manual is pretty much only good for fixing a wobbly table.

I don't know much about the AMS mod so I can't be of much use to ya.
Since the 'software' is available for purchase I guessing that the install went OK.

Have you checked over on the egosoft site for any assistance?
Have you read through this?: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226520&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi cjm3fl... and also everyone else. An update to my claiming situation. The claiming software is now working. Although I have both wares in only one ship I will be transfereing one of them to a different ship and see if they work seperately. It's amazing that this software claims anything that is abandoned out there and from all the way across the sector to boot. Kinda takes the fun out of space walking (smile).
Thanks for all the imput. Roamin_Chariot

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello Everyone. OK... update on claiming software. Roguey's works. The other one..which is the $600K "system Override software" is illegal and I could not get it to work...yet. On another issue... I do not know how to use my scanners yet. (Don't know where the commands are) 3rd issue is.. I still cannot find any of the freebie containers floating around the sectors that they are supposed to be in. That's all for now. Oh...and I truely appreciate the imput from everyone, Thanks. Roamin_Chariot

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

the "system override software" has worked for me, but it only has about the same range as claiming via spacewalk, so you have to be very close. As for scanners, i assume you mean duplex/triplex, those just increase the passive scan range from 10 km to 20 or 30 km, just by installing - you should see a bigger scan zone on the sector map? To my knowledge, there aren't any freebie containers in TC, not even pandora upgrades, but there are enough other ways to rake in cash you don't miss them unless you're used to the earlier games.

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Yeni, Thanks very much for your input. The scanners I was actually wanting to know how to activate are the "Bio-scanner", the "Freight Scanner and the "Mineral-Ore Scanner". I haven't found yet how to use them.
I am only a little way into the "Terran" plot and I am directed to follow a Nova which took me to a Pirate base and I am supposed to scan the base. What with?? How?? My first trip to the base was met with more than I could handle so I jumped out, got one of my better equiped ships and went back and flew all around the base without incident. The mission is still active and I do not know how to advance it. Any suggestions? Much appreciation, thanks. Roamin-Chariot

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello everyone. My last post should have been directed to Roguey since it is His Mod that I am playing in X3TC as the "Terran Defendor". Comments are welcome. My current issue is my endeavor to acquire a Terran "Springblossom M6" and also a Terran "Spitfyre M3" in which they are only available at the shipyards in the "Aldrin" sectors...which have no visible gates. My guess is that the gates only become available after completing other specific plot scenarios...which are different mods. Am I correct, Roguey?? Since I cannot map it, I cannot just jump to the sectors. Your input would be most welcome, Thanks, Roamin-Chariot.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

ermm.. ur playing X3TC with my mod? what mod?

as for Bio-scanner, this works only a military bases and lets you see the skills of marines before buying.

and system override software isnt really worth it Smile

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

In 'vanilla' you just have to get close enough to your target, for long enough, for the scanner to work/finish in a Plot objective. For "regular" asteroid scanning (mineral) you have to get within 10km of a 'roid and right click. The option to "scan" will be the first listed.

Freight scanning is illegal, and pisses people off, unless it's part of a Plot or Mission.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Roguey and also cjm3fl. Thanks for your input. OK, first... I have always believed I am playing Roguey's AMS Mod and I chose the role of "Terran Defender". How-else would I be able to buy your $6.3 million credit claim software or visit your AMS stations?? I don't think I am playing a "Vanilla" game. But, Hey. I AM kinda new to TC. As for scanning the Pirate base in my plot story... I have been as close as 500m. Since following the Nova there... the station has turned red on me and wont let me land. The mission is still active with no time limit so I will try to get really close and see what happens. As for the freight scanner... I wouldn't be scanning anything but bad guys anyway... if I even use the scanner in the first place as It was on a derelict ship I claimed and stripped before sending it to the shipyard. As for the "system Override software" that I paid $600k for and cannot get it to work... I wonder if I would get some of that back if I sold it with a derelict ship??? Maybe?? I will do that and see what happens. OH... I was wondering about how I can get into the Aldrin Sectors without playing the "Aldrin Plot"?? I always appreciate your input and guidance. Thanks Very Much, Roamin-Chariot

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

The AMS mod is from Apricotslice, not Roguey (URL for his web site about 1 page back).

You don't get accezs to Aldrin without at least starting the Aldrin plot, if i understand it,

To activate the freight scanner in vanilla, get within range (I think 5 km) , then (using default key mappings) the I key opens the target menu, where "scan" is an option. It also has a passive scanning enhancement that isn't illegal, but i'm not clear on the details - also, if you have a Police License for a race, it's usually legal to use the freight scanner in their area.

Mineral scanning I think was in the I-key target menu as well, when you have an asteroid targeted, but it's been a while since I used that. (after manually mapping the universe on a couple game starts, I added Gnasirator's Explorer Command Software mod, so I can just send off a flock of M5's to scan the universe and all asteroids)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, I was wondering what the heck was Roguey's AMS Mod - sure that I didnt make it. Like yeni said, its made by Apricotslice.

You dont get accezs to Aldrin without at least starting the Aldrin plot, if i understand it,
- yeni

In X3TC I think you jump to a special place when you start the aldrin plot. I think you can return anytime after.

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Roguey, Yeni and everyone. Wow... My Bad and I apologize. I actually thought AMS and Roguey were one and the same. Thanks for making me straight on that. As for my mission plot continuance as Terran Defender... I am back on track. I went back and automatic scanning started after I was closer than 400m. My rep is high enough now to allow me to buy a "Terran Katana". Can't wait to check it out. Early Game Excitement..Eh? Do you remember yours? Roamin-Chariot

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm... I guess in X3TC you cant buy the Springblossom? as I think its sold in the Aldrin sectors only. The Springblossom is a much faster M6 - one of the fastest, allowing to move as quickly as a M5/4, but in a M6.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

You can buy a springblossm, after theterran plot is done. Missles are a pain till you get a factory in balance of power.

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Scott and everyone. Thanks for the imput in regards to the "Springy". Bummer! I kinda want one now. I guess I gotta do what I gotta do, huh. I bought a Terran Katana m6 and it is a big slow pig that can't hit the broad side of a barn with all those guns and the power drain is unbelievably fast. I kinda like the Boron Skate prototype and the Terran Cutlas because of the defense turrets. I am still trying other ships out. I do have some small game issues that I will post at another time. Thanks much for your input. Roamin-Chariot.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.