I Keep Learning Things About This Game

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » I Keep Learning Things About This Game

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

yeni posted a reply to one of my threads--and mentioned something that I never paid attention to before.
Stuff about "400% sun" and "150% sun"--then "only supplying 90% of the crystals".....

I was working with the Complex Construction Calculator at the time and ...oh!...Oh!!...OH!!! I get it now!

Every Sector has it's own solar output percentage that will effect how many e-cells a SPP will produce each hour--AND the number of crystals that will be needed to meet this higher demand Geek

Geez----111 (game)days into my present game and I now understand why some of my self-sufficient Complexes are running out of crytals WAY too quickly.

Dunce

Thanks yeni, for your post that finally knocked my few remaining brain cells around enough to finally make the connection.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

i keep learning things as time goes by also Wink

no matter the sun level, you still get the same number of ecells per crystal.
for complex calculation, i like Xadrian http://kayahr.github.com/xadrian/

for those who care about the exact numbers for the sun percentages, i read somewhere that the actual rate is the base rate multiplied by (sun percent + 200) divided by 300 - meaning that 400% is actually twice the speed of a 100%

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks for that piece of information.
I'm bad with numbers unless someone else gives out the secret(s).

I'm lucky enough that the few Complexes that were always running out of crystal were big enough that I could add an addition crystal factory to fix the issue.

For me---once I've figured out 'everything' in a game, the game becomes boring.
I'm glad there are still thing for me to find out, figure out, learn, bump into Keyboard typing

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

You will only find a handful of sectors with more than 150% of sun. Its more important you find a sector with enough silicon and ore, as the sun values can be overcome by simply building more solar power plants. Its a good idea, just not used enough.

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello Humans. I think this is the right thread as I too am still learning about this wonderful world of X3-TC. I am having so much fun finding abandoned ships and making millions of creds in the process. I have found a few very large ships that are abandoned like M2's and a mammoth and a xenon "K" that will NOT let me claim them or go aboard. I have seen claim software for sale and... do I really have to pay $6+ Mil in order to claim those ships?? Is there another less expensive way?? Also... it says that I have to get directins from Apricotslice on how to use this software. I was wondering if I have to have a higher notoriety for that as I am not allowed to buy certain items from stations because trade restrictions apply for lack of notoriety. I guess my main question is... how do I lay claim to larger abandoned ships, etc. ?? Thanks for all your info and help, Roamin_Chariot.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there, Alien Dance 1

You found a Xenon K with no pilot? Is it not just sleeping?

With the large ships, you can only board them with marines (to take over). Claim software only allows you to claim free M3 and smaller without leaving your ship (pretty pointless really).

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Roguey, I have actually found 2 K's, 2 centaur heavys, an elephant, a mammoth and a couple very large transporters that All say "no pilot". I have claimed a couple M6's and numerous 5's, 4's and 3's of varying condition and loadouts. I have space walked to all of them and claimed them without problems or interference.
Anything larger than an M6 will not let me claim them. I have a couple Iguana Vanguards I've claimed. Can I buy a boarding pod and marines...oops, can't get marines as my notoriety is too low. Guess I'll have to go shoot some bad guys. Thanks for your input. I'll let you know how it all works out. Roamin-Chariot

yeni

yeni avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Interesting that you were able to claim "a couple M6es" via spacewalk, if that works normally, it's good to know!

You did mention Apricotslice in your initial post, roaman, so I assume that you have at least one of his mods in place - if a mod of his that you use allows software claiming of larger ships, info should be available on his website http://apricotmappingservice.com/

I thought I remembered the claim software in my game being about 600K, not 6 million - though that might be part of the apricot mod, and might indicate a more capable claim software?

Usually when you are trying to buy something and you're not allowed to, something will be in red (I think the entire row goes red if your faction standing is too low, the ware size S M L XL shows red if your cargo bay can't handle that size)

oh, and welcome to the forums here Wink

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi there Yeni, Thanks for the response. I will double check the cost of the "Claim Software" but I am pretty sure it was over $6 mil at the Apricotslice Mapping Station. That cost can be recouped with just one M1 or M2 if you don't want to keep it. Also... when at stations... anything in red I found was denied because of not enough recognition or notariety. I want to find a "Terran Springblossom" as it is a fast ship at 360m/s with good shields and loadouts and also has a good cargo capacity. A fleet of those would be awesome with a couple "Centaur Heavy's" thrown in the mix. I can speculate all day but for now I am just having fun mapping the universe and claiming abandoned ships everywhere. Notariety and recognition will come soon. Mind boggling options galore... I love it. Thanks... Roamin-Chariot

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello All. I apologize for being grossly mistaken about claiming m6 ships. They were actually m3's and I am wrong...Sorry about that. BUT!... the K's and other large ships that I came across really did say "no Pilot". My excitement got the better of me, I guess. I am going to work on my reputation with the different races so that I can get the ships and things I really want. Imput is always welcome and appreciated, Thanks. Roamin-Chariot.

yeni

yeni avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

yes, you're definitely using a mod - i looked into what changes apricot's salvage claim mod do - your 6 mil cost software is legal, and it has about a 5 KM range, which explains the price difference. I didn't see any info about if his mods make capital ships more likely to bail, but i think some mods do alter that.

Rep is usually pretty easy to get, if you're at least neutral with that faction - run missions, the more difficult the more gain (not how hard it will be for you, but the "easy/hard" rating on the mission screen.

I think the terran Springy is found in Aldrin only, FYI

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Yeni. Good to hear from you. I recently just started X3TC. Previously, like about a year and a half ago, I was playing X2TT. I have not played X3R but I do have the software. I remember reading about the "Aldrin Missions" but have not played them. I skipped all the way to X3TC. My Bad? Anyway... is Aldrin a sector on the TC map or is the "Springy" only available after completing the Aldrin mission?? AND, if so, TC is supposed to be a renewed scenario and the Springy should be available one way or another. On Roguey's ship info page I read that it is available at only two Terran stations. I am currently on the other side of the universe from terran space. I plan to go back shortly as I am still mapping out the X- universe and finding all kinds of things. In the game manual on boarding pods and marines or mercs there are only two ships that can fire the pods. I have not tried yet but your target ship has to have its shields down or gone else your boarding party will die. All the huge ships I found with no pilots also have no shields. So... I shall try to use my Iguana Vanguard to transport some mercs or marines and have them space walk to the target. Don't know if the software I have will allow this. I shall see soon. Regards, Roamin-Chariot

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm not familiar with the mod you're using, but in 'vanilla' (in which I've never seen a capital ship "abandoned") you only have to eject from your ship, get close enough and "claim" it.

As for boarding pods, 1/2 of the available M7M's can fire/use them. Those that don't I use strictly as part of attack/assault fleets. I have had pretty good success "capping" capital ships using my Cobra and Kraken.

I never played any other X-games until I got a copy of TC so I couldn't tell you if playing X3R would be helpful or not. But once I figured out TC, I was completely hooked.

Adrin will show up on your map once you access/go to it, just like other sectors you visit for the first time. I believe (could be completely wrong though) that Springblossoms are available once you have good enough 'rep' with the Terran. I only added more of those after I completed the Aldrin Plot, so I'm not 100% sure.

Let us know if your Iguana Vanguard boarding plan works out.

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello cjm3fl and all. Good to hear fead back from anyone. I am playing the AMS Mod as a terran defendor. I started out in either Pluto or Neptune with a sabre. After going to mMars I left the plot and started mapping the X universe. I have already amassed almost a hundred Mil mostly claiming abandoned ships. As for the boarding of the larger ships... I have not been able to figure out yet how to get my mercs to leave my Iguana and space walk to my target... which was a Centaur without shields or guns or anything else. So far I have come across four centaurs of which two were heavy and only one still had its wares intact. I have come across two elephants and two K's without wares or pilots. Also... when I space walk to them within 5m there is no button available to claim them. So... I don't know what to do. I am on my way to pick up the 6 million dollar claim software. I hope that works for me. I am familiar with the Pods but I do not have any m7's as yet. Input is more than welcomed from all of you, Thanks, Roamin_Chariot.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

You may have to ask about your situation in an active discussion where you got the mod from, but...

If this mod follows X-verse closely, once you (your ship with Marines on board) gets close enough there should be "piracy" option (if I remember correctly) in your 'Command Console'.
This command will dump (for lack of a better word) your Marines into space and they will travel to the target ship and begin boarding operations.
I kind of remember your ship has to be less then 5 km from target, and doing this from "above" your target seems to be best.
***It's possible that in the 'Command Console', the command might be something like "launch marines" and then the computer will want you to pick a target.

It's also a possibility (and you need to check with the one(s) who developed the mod), that large/capital ships might need boarding pods to gain access...which would need an M7M.

Sorry can't be more help. All my boardings were against capital ships and I used an M7M to do them.
I never tried to "dump" Marines for any boardings but I've read many posts about doing boardings this way.

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi cjm3fl and everyone else. The Chariot is back. I downloaded the mod from Roguey's site. It's the AMS (Apricot Mapping Service) mod that I am playing. Today while playing the game I went and bought the $6.3 Mil claim software and also the illegal claim software for $6ook. I then jumped over to a "Heavy Centaur" that had no shields or pilot or wares and could not get either of them to work. I am expecting to get scanned and told to dump the illegal software. As yet I don't have the Rep to buy a m6 or m7. I am currently back in Terran space trying to build my rep up enough to buy a Springblossom. Also... I have yet to find ANY of the hidden containers floating out there. I've wasted a few hours looking for some to no avail. Kinda given up on that. The manual that came with the game tells how to use claim software...NOT! Getting into active discussions is difficult because of time zones and lack of knowhow on my part. I'm kinda new at this but learning. Added thought... I have been as close as 5 meters from my target ship trying to activate the claim button to no avail. The manual says that I have to be as close as 30 meters. So... I feel stuck with very expensive and useless software. (No salvage insurance and past three saves already.) Imput is always welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks... Roamin_Chariot.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.