Navigation Relay Satellites And Their Uses

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Navigation Relay Satellites And Their Uses

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I've seen in a couple of Sectors where someone has deployed navigation satellites (not advanced ones).
I believe they are used for NPC ships to find Gates and Stations.

I think I remember reading that a player can use them to attract NPC ships to a player's Stations and Complexes.
Am I remembering correctly?

I have a handful of them and a Complex that I used for the HUB Plot and now can't seem to attract any 'business' to it since I've opened it to trading.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ive never heard that. What products are not selling? My chip plex in my most recent game would just fill up and npcs would never buy them unless I used the hub to connect it with something like Family Whi. I had it setup in the player owned sector.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Im pretty sure they dont do anything to regards of the AI either. The way you attract AI ships is by supply and price.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks guys.
It was a foggy memory that I was hoping might have some truth to it.

"Gibraltar" is a large Boron-based Ore Complex with 3 mines, price is lowest at 50cr.
Seems the Unknown Sector east of Zyarth's Dominion is a place many don't care to travel.

I'll keep it 'open' for now, see what happens.
Maybe I'll just add a weapon or missile or shield factory(s) to it.

I can always deploy the nav-sats in Xenon areas---to keep pissing the off Evil

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

The main thing I use nav sats for is to drop one at about 50-60 KM off the ecliptic in sectors I want to keep remote trade available in, like shipyards - Far enough off the ecliptic that they almost never get sought out and destroyed, but not far enough to be inside a planet - I managed to do that once in Kingdom's End, lol.

I think i remember there was a cheaty plugin in Reunion that could attract people to your factories, but normally, it's price, supply, and location. I suspect that people are going to other ore mines selling at 50 that are closer than Zyarth's. Perhaps using CLS to send the goods to a more centrally located place to be sold might help, or using jump capable CAGs at your complex, or if you have the multiple hub gates, align them to shorten travel distances?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I've been using advanced satellite pretty much the way you do, yeni.
It works just as well for me as it is for you.
It's just I have about 50 nav-sats and looking to see if I can find a way to put them to useful work.
No big deal, I can drop them at one of my Equipment Docks and see if I can sell them off.

I'm playing 'vanilla' right now, without the bonus pack.
But your advice is valid and I will add the bonus pack to my next game and LOOK at a mod or 2 to add some interest.

I realize that east of Zyarth's Dominion isn't a great sector at attracting customers.
I might just add an Ion Cannon and/or Ion Pulse Generator factory to this Complex.
If you can't find the needed customers, re-tool and make something that's really in demand/or that I can use.
I can move some of the unused weapons to an Equipment Dock and see if I can generate some income that way.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Same for me, I also use them for kill missions: I try and place so the scan range just hits the gates: that way you can see which gate an assassination is at. Sometimes fun jumping in with a capital to get a Carrack inside your ship lol

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

Same for me, I also use them for kill missions: I try and place so the scan range just hits the gates: that way you can see which gate an assassination is at. Sometimes fun jumping in with a capital to get a Carrack inside your ship lol
- Roguey

ouch, the biggest boarding pod EVER!

i use adv sats to get coverage of gates & the rest of the sector as needed, i just keep an old nav sat out of the way to keep a presence in important systems in case my adv sats get removed.

i'm not sure if i've ever played without the bonus pack, to be honest - but i also usually play *modified* anyways, there are some scripts that really don't change anything except lower my frustration (numeric race ranks, for instance). There's a huge spectrum of just HOW modified a modified game actually is, it's worth experimenting to find a combination you like Wink

You need to log-in to post here.