TC Mod Questions Followed By Discussion

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » TC Mod Questions Followed By Discussion

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Is there a mod that will add the new AP ships to TC?
I've been looking around on ES site and found mods to add ships from TV shows and other games, even X2 ships to X3 games.

Some of the new content in AP sounds like it would be great, if it was available for TC--like the added Sectors, the Stock Exchange, and the new capitals and fighters.

AP, as it stands, doesn't seem to catch my full attention really hard.
I don't know if I want to play my style of game around an all-out war...going on all the time.
But there are some things about AP that do interest me.

I'm 115 game-days into my present TC play.
Having a great time but with what I've learned I know a I would be a lot more organized if I started a new game.
If I do decide to begin a new game, I'd would like to add some new dimensions right from the get-go, but without having the USS Enterprise or B5 Earth Alliance heavy cruiser showing up.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

If you find it let me know. I don't like AP for personal reasons. But if I could add AP ships to TC... I kinda sorta looked for this but never turned up anything.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I would of wondered if taking the ships from X3AP and making a mod is a little close to the copyright? as your taking content from X3AP and trying to post it into another game (if it was a full mod).

I know ive added X2 ships to my X3 mod however the actual models were still in the game cat/dats. I didnt have to include the models into X3 just the scene files when I added extra guns and viewpoints etc. The scene files were already present in the game, just needed mod'ing to bring them upto X3 style.

It maybe possible to make a mod that adds X3AP ships to those with X3AP already, as you may not need to include the actual models.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I thought I'd ask anyway.
I haven't seen much about being able to add AP stuff to TC, yet, but I think it would be neat.

I've spent a good part of yesterday checking out a number of scripts and mods. More time will be spent today.
I'm creating a list of things that seem to do tiny little 'tweaks', up to those that add new sectors and add/re-skin a number of ships.
I am definitely not going to become the "mad, mad mod-adder".

I am going to install the Bonus Pack shortly.
When I do, I'm thinking I might go ahead and add a few other things for a New Game start.

I've seen where the scripts and mod state that by adding "this" will, or will not, make my game 'moderated'. Obviously added new ships and new sectors to my game will make a pretty big changes.
The Marauder Shipyard, Equipment (Dock) Research and Development, and TC Stock Exchange look like pretty heavy additions too.

But MARS, FCC, and LSDC seem like they are "small" additions and wouldn't really change the true game-play very much.
(There's not really a question here--but comments are welcome as I put stuff on "paper" as I think out-loud.)

OK, there is a question....
For those with added content, do you have 1 or 2 on your "must have" list?

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

as an aside, i think from my experience that MARS might have more of an effect than you realize - but it's still one of my favorites (and a lot of the others i use are from Gazz also)

some of my must haves are due to me being on a computer that's marginal for running TC - so i use low poly asteroids, rubble and fog removers, auto aim, and the complex cleaner that puts stations into a big borg-cube kind of thing

some are mostly data display utilities (missile display, numeric race ranks) or minor changes (docking lockup fix - which seems to help AIs use docking computers)

for bigger things, i'd point first to MARS and Gnasirator's galaxy explorer (saves a lot of hassle getting the galaxy mapped and asteroids scanned)

You need to log-in to post here.