split cobra

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » split cobra

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I tried to board a peraite ship bit big for first try but nerveless. It failed next I tried a centaur
Do my guys need to have high mech. rating it succeed?Everyone says boarding is easy but so far with three unsuccessful tries I not sure lost about 5boarding pods. what about the fail barrage tunnel order will that help? [

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yes.
The higher the training level the better the boarding will go.
All of them don't have to have high levels in all skills.
If you're can't or don't want to train the all up in all levels, I'd say do 8 in Engineering, 8 in Mechanical, and 4 in Hacking. I think this is a decent balance for 20 Marines.

And with a higher level of "fight" skill, the lower the possibility of losses.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

The first time you board is the hardest. You will need some marines with okish stats, like half way in each stat. Fighting can only be gained by successful boardings, so if you send in a load of marines with poor fighting skills you will loose many (if not all).

If you buy a bio-scanner you can check the marines fighting skills before you buy them from marine barracks and military outposts, then train them up in the other skills - albeit takes a lot of time to train them.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

:rofl

- albeit takes a lot of time to train them.
- Roguey

Now that is one of the biggest understatements I've heard in a long time, boss.

Some advice, Scott from my boarding experiences...
When you get 'your' ship into position, and before you begin the boarding operation--"save" the game.
I do 2 separate "saves".
Every step of the way, I use the 'first' "save" as I move deeper into the boarding. The 2nd "save" is in case the boarding goes completely to crap, then I can re-start again and try something different.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I did save during each try..    Got some guys training on hi me,h skills,will others I.n others skills. Please keep aending advice thanks

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Now that is one of the biggest understatements I've heard in a long time, boss.
- cjm3fl

lol, yea. Thats why its good to get them training as early as possible. It doesnt seem as bad when you can go do other things whilst they are training.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well this weekend I have tried to board two ships. once a pirate f7and then a xenon. the pirate did not succeed but I was able to keep some of the troops so i presume they got some fighting exp. The xenon I blew up the ship during boarding . I am getting some advance training with these guys . Now are the xenon easier then the pirate or would a Tl like the split be good?/ i want to board a ship and i know i will evidently

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, yea. Thats why its good to get them training as early as possible. It doesnt seem as bad when you can go do other things whilst they are training.
- Roguey

While I was waiting I when ahead and built a number (7) of new Complexes.
Then I built a few more Complexes while I moved the newly trained Marines onto the ships I wanted them on Dizzy

You need to log-in to post here.