Question about "The Hub" plot.

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Question about "The Hub" plot.

brusher

brusher avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi guys. I'm fairly new to X3 and I'm having loads of fun. I've finiished the "Final Fury" plot and am currently in the middle of "The Hub" plot. I finished delivering all the Taladanium and now I need to deliver around 400,000 units of Ore. "Could you do a few things for me"? Yeah right!

I'm wanting to change sectors for the route from and to the Hub. It tells me that Gate realignment is ready. I have given enough energy cells and the alotted time limit to wait has passed. Now it says that gate realignment is ready. But when I open the gate realignment window, in the "Gates available" section it gives me no gates to choose from. The box is just empty. Am I missing something? Do I have to wait until I after I deliveler the rest of the Ore first?

Again, it says "Gate realinment" is ready but it's giving me no gates to choose from. Only an empty box.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I belive you need to deliver the ore to move the gates...I suggest do not as that can affect other future plots.

brusher

brusher avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the help.

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

you get a one shot gate realignment (to get away from xenon space) earlier, but scott is right on the timing of repeatable gate realignments. I'm not sure if different gate alignments will actually affect plots, however, i haven't heard that before in my forum browsing (if it does, i'd like to know specifics, to avoid trouble!)

RoaminChariot

RoaminChariot avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello All. In X3TC I am working on "The Hub" Plot. I just finished supplying all the Ore. I now need to find 500 units of Nividium. Where I find it at is the problem. The "walk Through" tells me that there are three Nividium mines in sector "Perpetual Sin". NOT! However... there are three Roids that have low yield Nividium in them. OK... Where do I buy a Nividium Mine to put there?? As yet I have not found any Nividium producing mines anywhere else nor any of the 5 races selling them at shipyards. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

The "walk Through" tells me that there are three Nividium mines in sector "Perpetual Sin".
- RoaminChariot

No, it doesn't -

There is a useful set of three Nividium 'roids in the northern part of sector Perpetual Sin.

There are no mines for nividium and it must be collected with a ship:

find a Nividium 'roid, get a ship with an Ore Collector and Mobile Drilling System and let loose.

First time mobile mining is a pain to be sure. Just shoot the roid with the drill and then shoot one of the large chunks again with it. That should produce some collectible rocks. Been a while since I mined like that but I think the collectable peices have a grey or gold hue. Can't remember what color. I think grey. Then just slowly run over them with your ship that has the ore collector installed. A heavily shielded TS is recommended.

Next on the list of Mahi Ma's priorities is the get the second gate set fixed, but the power conduits are shot. He needs 500 Nividium to repair them. This is the easiest resource to acquire; find a Nividium 'roid, get a ship with an Ore Collector and Mobile Drilling System and let loose. There is a useful set of three Nividium 'roids in the northern part of sector Perpetual Sin. You only need a small amount from one of these. Once you've got 500, drop it off at the Hub.

If you have completed the Goner plot, you can also find nividium roids in the unknown sectors when you activate the unfocused jumpdrive. Although the tend to be more difficult to mine effectively since you have to bring everything with you and can't leave anything behind. A resourceful poster found that the Aran is really good for this.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I def. think the best place to get nividium is in the unknown sectors; as they are renewable by jumping to another unknown sector and scanning the asteroids.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Just go to the sector south of mendleas oasis .There nid roids there nds. and a miner all you need

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I had a interesting thing happen to me last night. I like to use the unk sec past zyth dom. as the sector in hub plot.There is a pir. base there before I started , did a couple of build missions for them.Well I was up there checking things out saw a build sign on the base. They wanted a m wheat farm in unk sec. Now I realize as I put in sec def in these sectors what will happen,to be nice and I cap their ships I took it. Turned out is in my hub sector No way am I going to let pir build in my hub sec other sector sure but not there, so I aborted mission. Just a note to show how this game seams to have a mind of it own

You need to log-in to post here.