'New Home' plot just finished. Needing some advice

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » 'New Home' plot just finished. Needing some advice

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, so I got my new sector. 'Twisted Skies'. Any advice about which factory to build there? I feel it's a little 'far' for NPCs to come and make business, so... Anyway, any advice welcome.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I scan all roids. Then I build just like any complex ,as far as npc well I have not been able to get them built. I was offered a kill mission in my own sec by the split to destroy a convoy, but did not accept
.If you can get other races to build there great. Hope This helps

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I scan all roids. Then I build just like any complex ,as far as npc well I have not been able to get them built. I was offered a kill mission in my own sec by the split to destroy a convoy, but did not accept
.If you can get other races to build there great. Hope This helps
- Scott

Thanks, Scott. Receiving missions on your own sector is enough for me. I'll start building.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

Build a station that provides a rare or high demand product, and if you sell it for a decent price, or have a decent amount in stock, they will travel the extra distance, the AI is clever in that department. In X2, I had NPC's travelling 18 sectors to buy my wheat from my farms in The Wall, just because I had stock... If you build it, they will come...

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

AI ships try and travel near-on the whole map to get to a place (even through enemy space), if there isnt somewhere closer (with high supply and lower price). This means they can be slow at-first find your complex, but after-while you may see a load of them (if they make it).

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

So they'll come and buy, even if it's out of the way? Like computer components and microchips not needed after the Hub plot? And check the Treasure Hunt guide, I had a problem.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

They should do, but don't expect it to happen quickly! It takes them a long time to get there, and most will probably die on the way anyway...

*EDIT: Dangerclose, the asteroid isn't in seizewell, you use the directions to find the sector from seizewell...

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Crud, I reversed my axises... Thanks Tank.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Happy to help!

You need to log-in to post here.