Where do I start?

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Where do I start?

TwistedBadger

TwistedBadger avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi all,

Well, I've played X3:TC for near 7hrs now, and I'm still totally lost... I have my Sabre, which is rubbish, and a Rapier, which I can't get to do anything useful (can I set it to repeat trade something?). Everything I try myself goes no where:
- I can't see how to trade. If I buy a material in 1 sector, where production seems high, then fly 5 sectors to somewhere where it is in demand because production is low, the price is still lower. If this is the case, how can I ever trade? I can't just go to every system and map every trade price...
- From what I can understand, I'm way too low a level to do any building yet.
- All lightbulb missions seem impossible at this point. If it's to collect a ship, it'll be miles away and actually impossible to reach in time with my current ship (no jump drive). I don't think I can transport people? (nor can I see how to be able to) and can't figure out where to get materials for trade missions.
- The only thing I make money on is killing. This is slow, and not very varied
- For the main story, I'm at the point where I have to scan the pirate ship. Whenever I get within about 3km, I get instantly destroyed, so I assume I'm too early for this?

There's absolutely no intro or guide to this game. It seems like it has a lot of depth once you understand it, but I just don't get it AT ALL at the moment. I've looked up walkthroughs, newbie guides, youtube videos, etc.... most of them seem to do the trader storyline and start with decent stuff? I'm just doing the bog standard scenario.

So my ship is slow and weak, I have no jumpdrive, no cash, can't find where to buy high/sell low to trade, and can't get past the 2nd part of the core storyline. What am I meant to be doing?!

Thanks for any help...
Mike

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there, welcome the site and the x-games.

The x-games are very hard games to start with, as you said there is no introduction into the game; your pretty much thrown into the game and expected to know what to do. Trading is probably the easiest but inst straight forward either. Once you get into the x-games they can be very hard to get out off.

The general rule of trading is that if an item has a high amount in-stock, then it will sell for a low price however if its low in stock, then its a good place to sell. You can only buy products, and sell resources. You will need a trading system extension to check the price without landing (something which is requirement of trading really, sold at equipment docks for around 10k).

Missions are completely random; some are just impossible because the rules can be too tight or hard to complete. When looking at mission, check it to see what you think - dont blindly accept any mission.

There are loads of ways of making money; just you need a money to make money Smile

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Try reading the first 2-3 chapters of my DiD story (linked in my sig), it should give you an idea of how you can get started with nothing to your name Wink Of course, that's easy for me to say, I've been playing the game for 5 years so I know how to make the most of it lol.

You need money to make money.
- "Roguey"

Sorry bossman, but this is a lie. You need smarts to make money. having money to do it with just makes it easier :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

How about instead of buying in one sector and moving several sector to sell only to find it lower then you got it just trade in that sector? Sounds to me your in a terrain sector, not the easiest sector to start in.Go to a argon sector which is closest to you and trade small simple then work your way up. Ecell everyone needs then go with bigger and more pricier things i had just 20 credits and got up to over512000. took time but I did it

You need to log-in to post here.