yaki ships

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » yaki ships

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am running a plan game no mods. I am wondering if as my rep with the yaki get better will the shipyard give me more options? I can dock in weavers tempest with no problem for now, with all the neat ships they have , would be nice to get a few. Any ideas

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well, what they sell is what they sell - ships/wares dont get added depending on your ranks. However some stations (like shipyards) have ships for sale, with a better rep they will allow you to buy their better ships.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I knew that was just hoping I could buy a m6. I have never seem anything other then the m2 and the shuri

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hmm.. I do know m6 are offered by 'ship for sale' missions, although I'm not sure if they include yaki ships, or not.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I believe that you gain rep with the Yaki just like any other race if that's what you mean. I've gotten pretty friendly with the Yaki once before.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

As long as you're on good enough terms with the Yaki to trade with them at all, every ship they can sell is available to buy from the Shipyard in Senator's Badlands. You don't need to up your rep to gain access to the full set like you do with other races.

If you wanted to add in the other Yaki ships you'd have to install Cycrow's Cheat Collection (available on the ES boards modding section) and manually add the extra Yaki ships to the shipyard. The game files contain at least 2 M7s and an M6 in Yaki designs, plus all the Raider/Sentinel/Vanguard variants of the Yaki fighters (except the Tenjin, there's only one version of that).

If I remember correctly the M7s are based on the models for the Paranid Deimos and Agamemnon (might be one based on the Argon Minatour too, need to check that) and the M6 is based on the Argon Heavy Centaur.

Getting your Yaki rep up is EASY! Just keep your eyes open for a fighter in race controlled sectors offering a fight mission. After one or two of those it's simple to fly down to Yaki turf and take some paying jobs around Senator's and Weaver's Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Folks I understand about gaining rep withe the yaki.I was looking at the various ships on this site.The ships are not at the shipyard. Know I do have a question for you tec guys. I have downloaded the cycro package from ecisoft, and a few mods form there.I have tried to put them but the mod manger keeps saying my game is loceked and cannot add any thing what does that mean? I would like the maduer shipyard to get ibls and a few other things. Kirlack your did is great, makes me want to do one my self or at least add to someones, please keep it up By the way the scripts I downloaded are in spk file

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Folks I understand about gaining rep withe the yaki.I was looking at the various ships on this site.The ships are not at the shipyard. Know I do have a question for you tec guys. I have downloaded the cycro package from ecisoft, and a few mods form there.I have tried to put them but the mod manger keeps saying my game is loceked and cannot add any thing what does that mean? I would like the maduer shipyard to get ibls and a few other things. Kirlack your did is great, makes me want to do one my self or at least add to someones, please keep it up By the way the scripts I downloaded are in spk file
- Scott

Its unfortunate that you can't get those Yaki ships. I recall reading somewhere that they were once in the game but were removed from some unknown reason. Could be wrong on that though.

On the mod manager there should be an option to enable modified mode. That should allow you to add mods. Do you have the right one? The regular mod manager doesn't work with TC or AP. You need the lite version if you don't have it.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ido have both versions. Will I have to uninstall one? The lite version keeps saying I need to adjust directory permissions. How do I do that?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ido have both versions. Will I have to uninstall one? The lite version keeps saying I need to adjust directory permissions. How do I do that?
- Scott

Personally I would get rid of the regular one. No idea if it would conflict or what. After removing one try the lite version again. If you still get that error, try running it as admin.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I uninstalled them then reinstalled from the site. and I am logged in as adim and still the same problem. If anyone has a way to help you are welcome to drop me a email or contact me on this thanks

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

being logged in as admin and running as admin are two different things. To run as admin, right click on the icon and "Run as administrator". If thats what you did im sorry, just trying to help out.

here is the FAQ: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3116065#3116065

here is a question in the thread about a similar issue: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3999634#3999634

im guessing this may be the problem.

Q: I keep getting a warning about a protected directory, what does this mean?

A: This means that the game you are trying to control is in a windows protected directory, this means windows might block the installing of packages without plugin manager being aware. Its best to install the game outside of the protected directories, ie, not in Program Files

You need to log-in to post here.