May have screwed up my A New Home Plot

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » May have screwed up my A New Home Plot

Snakespur

Snakespur avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

Not sure if this has happened to you guys but I think I may have just screwed up my chance at doing the 'A New Home,' what happened was I started the thing and got as far as Unfocused Jumping into Freedom's Reach to protect the Teladi station.

I didn't realize this at the time unfortunately but I was in no way prepared for what I was facing so I had to go fill up and outfit all my fighters for combat so I jumped out of Freedom's reach and I finally got around to getting back to the plot after suiting up. For some reason I can't UFJD back into Freedom's reach and I tried about 10-15 times in a row, neither do I have the mission to Protect the station. I also tried to jump back within 2-6 sectors of Danna's chance in hopes of getting that starting message again but I haven't received it yet.

Has this happened to one of you guys before? If so, how'd you fix it, if you were able to. Thank you in advance.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

What happens when you try to enter through the gate? Also you can't use fighters for this. You need to use the TM to fight with. The fighters will be destroyed if you make them undock from the TM.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Any way you can reload from a past point?I normally have a second save after I start for that reason.

Snakespur

Snakespur avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

When I enter through the gate, the CPU ship warps in a bunch of fighters right on top of me and I die pretty quick, unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to make a second save -.-.

As for what you said Sinxar the fighters won't go down as quick as you might think: I recall Roguey mentioning that he had the fighters docked but just didn't need to use them. I have attempted to use the one fighter I did have docked, the first time I tried this plot and he managed to survive pretty well.

Thanks for the replies by the way. Wasn't expecting a quick response on this.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Sorry I couldnt help more; however its been such a long time since I played that plot - so much so, that I cant really remmeber it now. I should replay X3TC sometime - especially since there are a bunch of steam achievements to get.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

As far as I'm aware it's impossible to enter Freedom's through the gate whilst the plot is active. The CPU ship just throws insane amounts of ships at you and destroys you. Since the mission requires a TM for completion the only way I can think of getting in via the gate is to have an Aran with the TM aboard. It's the only ship that can dock a TM and with 12 Gj of shields offers at least half a chance of survival.

Of course, then you need an Aran...not so easy to get in TC :o

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Snakespur

Snakespur avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks for the help. Guess I'll have to forget about the New Home plot unfortunately since I don't have an earlier save to fall back on -.-. This'll learn me I guess lol.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks for the help. Guess I'll have to forget about the New Home plot unfortunately since I don't have an earlier save to fall back on -.-. This'll learn me I guess lol.
- Snakespur

Yes that is unfortunate. Having your own sector is really nice. I hate doing that plot but the reward is good enough for it. Perhaps later you will consider using a script to reset the plot if you want to play it, or one of the scripts where you pay to have the plot completed.

You won't get the plot achievement for it, but I don't think it counts toward the Traveler achievement.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

since I don't have an earlier save to fall back on -.-. This'll learn me I guess lol.
- Snakespur

I think something like this happened to me in a older x-game. Since then I always use 2 saves; save on one, then on other; at each save-point.

This also helped me save a quite a few UT's in past too Smile

You need to log-in to post here.