ST Training Sectors

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » ST Training Sectors

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

Does anyone know of any good sectors to train up Sector Traders quickly? I need more UT's and don't know many good places; Boron Sectors like Shore of Infinity and Atreus' Clouds are good ones, any other suggestions?

I will be the one to take you down!
DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Try Queen's Space or Elysium of Light. Everybody needs energy cells, which makes it easy money, even though low-yeild.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I find Profit Share and Company Pride to be good. Empire's Edge is the usual suggestion, but in my experience Profit Share will level your ST pilots faster. Queen's Harbour (where Atreus HQ is) is another decent sector.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Tanks for the quick responses people! I need to train about 5, so these sectors should be perfect! You're right Kirlack, Queen's Harbour does look good!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well if your wanting to level-up 5 ST's (Sector Traders) at the same time, space them out (ie. One in Argon prime area, another in Queen's Harbour etc.) - otherwise they will try to buy/sell the same products.

Also, as soon as they get a few levels, expand the trade range.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I also have found that home of light is good. Any sector that has a solar power station and at least 2 other station is good..I like to max sheilds, engine and rudder before I turn them to St Even things needs to be maxed and a jump drive before they become UT.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Home of light eh? I may have a gander... Yeah i use mistrals as UT's, fast, well shielded, nice cargo bay and well defended. I stick 6 IRE's in the turrets (set on missile defence), transferred from a freighter in the shipyard in legend's home, plus some e-cells and then jump them to ianamus zura (however its spelt) to equip the other software, then jump them from there to their training sectors... They earn me a pretty penny!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I dont normally bother to put lasers on ST/UT's has it usually causes more problems than it helps. Id rather the ship sneak past without encouraging people to hit it Smile

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I know that putting them on normal freighters is bad because instead of running away from attackers, they turn to attack, but I found that with UT's jump away anyway, so I just put IREs on to stop them getting sniped by a banshee... I haven't lost (or had to repair) a UT yet, but if I do, I'll try them without weps...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well usually if a ST/UT starts to be attacked, its not long when the out-of-sector calculations kill the ship. Its best to get the ship to jump has fast as possible, and have no chance of starting its own mini-war. Does missile-defence do much? are missiles even in the out-of-sector calculations?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Missiles can be used in OOS calculation, but a missile round will replace all other weapons firing. So if you're not watching the sector remotely that's 1 missile in a 30 second round, compared to all the guns your ship would fire in the same time. Even if you are actively watching the sector it's a 5 second round. Also, missiles insta-hit in OOS calcs.

I generally equip my LTs with Fight Command 1 & 2, 10 fighter drones and 20 mossies. They'll use the mossies as missile defense (works well in sector, but shouldn't really see use OOS). They dump the drones when attacked, and then jump away to safety.

None of which prevents the likes of a Xenon Q one shotting your ship.

And of course, UTs still have the very bad habit of wandering into hostile sectors.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

That just ruins my fun.... awwwww Sad. Sometimes their AI is funny though, I had 4 lvl 16-25 UT's dock at the same station, basically at the same time! It was Cahoona Bakery L alpha in Light of Heart, 3 were selling e-cells, wheat and beef respectively, and the other was buying meat-steaks because they had full stock! What are the chances?

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I usually give my St ut full sheilds fight 1&2 duplex scanner nav. Commad .Then 20 middies for missile defense. Set all turrents for protect ship usually with pac. They get there own drones.Then turn them lose

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

What are the chances?
- "RandomTank"

Pretty slim, unless the factory was new or undiscovered?

I usually give my St ut full sheilds fight 1&2 duplex scanner nav. Commad .Then 20 middies for missile defense. Set all turrents for protect ship usually with pac.
- "Scott"

The trouble with that, is that once the ship has fight command softwares and lasers installed, it'll try to fight, rather than run. The weapons are of course pointless without FCS installed, but honestly you're better off just giving them shields, mossies and drones. I know they'll go off and buy drones/mosquitoes anyway, but if you load them up with them from the start they won't wander off into hostile sectors en route to 'drone factory X'.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks will try that next time I get a trader going.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Any further UTs I get I won't put weapons on then, I don't want them dying on me! It seems to be that they are quite effective at running away though, I have it where I get a 'I escaped to...' as soon as they get hit, plus they dump a load of fighter drones to cover their arse. I haven't had one in a hostile sector (apart from that unknown sector north of M148, the Khaak Scouts keep scaring them away!), and they always seem to have drones on board (that's probably because I've been slowly feeding drones to the trading ports and military bases in the split sectors around Family Pride, they can't get enough!). I'm just lucky, I guess?

You need to log-in to post here.