Double-Barrelled Question

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Double-Barrelled Question

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm still not sure about what M7 I want, I really want the Panther, but I would want the PALC's on it, and I missed my chance in OFF, but I heard that you can get them from Weapons Dealers; I'm asking is this true? And is there a race/company that is more likely to have them?

My other question is about the PBC (Plasma Beam Cannons) on the Cerberus; Can you get them? I heard there was a way on AP by destroying a Laser Tower when its setting up or something, but can you do this in TC?

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Sadly there's no way to get Plasma Beam Cannons in vanilla TC. And the only 2 PALCs in the entire game might appear in the second or third O:FF mission. Other than that mate, you're out of luck.

If you're willing to go modified they're easy enough to add into your game.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well palc are only in a plot then only 2.the others are not avaible in normal game. There is a script you can download where you have the mauradar shipyard which has them I myself.have it Berg nice to have certain things not any where else

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Marauderer shipyard eh? Yeah I've heard of that one, I don't mind going modified; whoop de doo I don't appear on leader boards, they're just full of people using the OOS nvidium glitch anyway! That's the mod that adds factories that make PALC (and other stuff) isn't it? Do any factories spawn, or is it only ones you can buy? And is there a PBC forge? How do you open the script editor, is it where you change your character name to thereshallbewings?

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

I believe that using the marauder shipyard, once it is installed and you have done the "Thereshallbewings" activation, you do not need the script editor, just to locate the shipyard by the clues given in a message. No factories spawn, you have to buy factories and supply them. not sure what other factories might be in it.

There is another oddball shipyard - the menagerie shipyard - but I believe it only sells ships ( including orbital weapon platforms and the Teladi Advanced Kestrel )

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Defo getting that Marauderer shipyard! Sounds good! Not sure about the menagerie shipyard, love the idea of having orbital weapons platforms though.... Do any NPC advanced kestrels and other added ships spawn? Or is it also just a place you can buy them?

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

Just a place to buy, and OWPs will need to be towed to position, and no vanilla way to tractor them thru gates

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Had a look at the Menagerie Shipyard, it looks good, but difficult to find... With the OWP's , couldn't you install a docking computer on it, get in it, then auto dock with an Aran? then you could jump it to different sectors?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

You could, but I'm not sure what would happen if you then undock it whilst in sector. My money would be on a big old bang Wink

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Lol probably! Yet again, ego finds another way to waste our in-game money!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well, no, it's not really Ego's fault. OWPs aren't available in the vanilla game, so it's really down to whoever wrote the script how they're deployed/moved by the player. I think in XRM you can buy OWP kits and build them like you would stations.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Spose, but I wish you could get them in vanilla, they would be really useful! Imagine the large OWP with 28 IBL's OOS! That would do some damage!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

28? Large OWP can carry at least 40 Wink

There is a means to get them, with a single script. The NPC bailing add-on allows any ship in the game to bail, depending on factors set by the player when the script. I've had OWPs bail, and because the game engine counts them as M1s you can board the bailed ones like you could any other capital ship. Once they're equipped with a jumpdrive you can jump them to the sector you want them, then use a tractor beam for exact placement! Big grin

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ahhhh right, that's clever.. So do you reckon if I installed this mod, I could buy a Large OWP and just jump + tow it to other sectors? That would be cool....

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Board, jump + tow. The NPC bailing add-on doesn't make them available for sale. But yeah, that's the basic idea Smile

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I meant that with the menagerie shipyard mod, because you can buy all three OWP, and even the Khaak guardian, and I was wondering if you could put a jumpdrive in a purchased OWP, jump it to the desired sector, then tow it. If it isn't possible via that method, I'll use use the script you suggest Kirlack. Is it a script mod you can download, or is it one you adjust yourself?

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.