OOS Missile question

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » OOS Missile question

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

In the recent ST training thread, Kirlack's mentioned that OOS missile fire - even though it is only one missile per 30 seconds - is an Instant auto hit, if I understand that right?

This gives me thoughts of 100% fire rate launches of Tornados, most likely from falcon haulers or solano wings. Does this strike anyone else as a scary sector auto defense fleet? Or am I missing something?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

As far as I understand the OOS combat mechanics, yes it is an instant hit if a missile is fired, but that missile replaces all other weapons fire for that turn (for that ship).

But also, the aggressor in any combat acts first, so your ships would be reacting to a first turn hit. It's worth testing out, but I'm not sure it will work.

I AM sure that if you order an OOS missile barrage with either an M8 or an M7M (Hammers only!) you can be 99% certain the target will be gone by the time you get back to the sector map Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

OOS Shadows? Ooo *shudders*...

I will be the one to take you down!
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Kirlack - I am thinking about this more for response fighters from a firebase ( complex with homed laser towers spread around as tripwires ) so I might get first shot anyways and I would be firing missiles during closing range to weapons, or so I would assume.

@randomtank - shadows would be scarier, but a bit expensive for early complex defense ( I am only 2 plus a bit days into this game, Tormented Teladi ), not to mention I am nowhere near good enough Terran faction to get them yet. the big 5 in the commonwealth all like me, though, my lowest faction there is Teladi Company Owner

I don't know, maybe I'm just surprised that there is a good way to use dumbfire missiles, lol

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

That's a good point, it's just a shame that most of the dumfires are crap even if they do hit, apart from the tornado... Ah well, I'll just keep selling mine...

I will be the one to take you down!

You need to log-in to post here.