wrath missile and the hyperion vangard

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » wrath missile and the hyperion vangard

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Since I have finshed,the Aldrin plot, I know have a Empc man launcher ,polguist and wrath missile.factory I have a few terrain ships. Now bit cheaper to arm. I mainly got the wrath for my hyperion .Used a few missiles last night,wow swarm like typhoon with the power of a firestorm.awesome. I
It will replace the Thunderbolt and tempest I know make
Now that Carrick s show up in missioned for the corps. Can use three wrath, where I needed 10 or so typhoons so add a bit more intersting to the game. Anyone else used wrath?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah I've used wraiths, they're quite good, but I would prefer using Hammerheads covered by Wasps (short range) or Typhoons (long range), because I had the problem that half the missiles on the wraiths would miss due to their awful turn rate, and would take years to loop back round... But they are good missiles, very cheap too! It's all a matter of preference in the end, take what you like!

I will be the one to take you down!
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

True they are slow but against m7 6s class should be no problem,I do need to be careful, as my hyperion can do 202mps Ivan outrun,it. Hammerheads are ard to find. Firestorm are easy got a factory that makes them

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I've gotten so used to having every M6 or bigger in my fleet kitted out with Typhoons, I'd actually kinda forgotten about the wraith :o Since it's only Terran ships and the Hyperion that can use them, they always ended up on the back burner, but Typhoons can fit so many ships...

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, I love typhoons too, first weapon factory I built! Don't get me wrong, wraiths are powerful, but they seem difficult to get hold of, because there is only ever about 3 in stock in the entire Sol system, and you have to wait quite late game before you actually build your own factory to build them...
I found Hammerheads reasonably common, nearly every time I would kill a pirate M3 they would drop at least 1, so i've got crap loads of Hammerheads! I think i have 37 spare at the minute, and a few mounted on ships!

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Crap, wrong button! How do I delete this!

You need to log-in to post here.