Lost Colossus

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Lost Colossus

daniel54862

daniel54862 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

So a message came in saying that a colossus was lost and to tell an argon authority and I am assuming that its the colossus in yaki space. So I need incendiary bomb launchers and I need to buy them from the yaki but I can't go in without getting attacked by the Yaki what should I do?

Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary load lifters, very similar to your vaporators in most respects.
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

That lost Colossus is the start of one of TCs many plots Smile Spend some time running around the Pirate sectors near Brennan's Triumph, and keep an eye out for a Teladi with an interesting offer Wink

There is no Colossus in Yaki space. You're thinking of the Yaki Shuri. Yes, it looks just like a Colossus, it even has the exact same stats, but they are two different ships Smile If you need to get the Yaki on side, either head into Senator's Badlands and hunt for missions from the Shipyard, or keep an eye out for random Yaki ships offering missions in regular space. Eventually they'll like you enough that you can head into Weaver's Tempest without getting shot Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
daniel54862

daniel54862 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok thank you Kirlack, so correct me if I am wrong but the only two places in the x universe to get an incendiary bomb launcher are in "pirate" space.
On a side note why can I buy a 108 million dollar destroyer from the Yaki but can't buy the weapons it needs? Seems weird.

Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary load lifters, very similar to your vaporators in most respects.
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

so correct me if I am wrong but the only two places in the x universe to get an incendiary bomb launcher are in "pirate" space.
- daniel54862

Yeah, that's right. The thing about IBLs is, despite being compatible with nigh on every capital ship in the game, they're actually a pirate weapon, designed and built Wink

On a side note why can I buy a 108 million dollar destroyer from the Yaki but can't buy the weapons it needs? Seems weird.
- daniel54862

The Yaki aren't very well thought out in vanilla TC :p I'm rather a huge fan of the Yaki Armada mod, but I don't know how you feel about going ***modified***

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I belive all Yaki ships are armed the same as others, might not take a ion cannon.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ahhh, THAT plot! I love that one, a real challenge for a not bad reward.... I'm not giving anything away! Just make sure you get something that can blow up an asteroid, so get yourself a MDS or some Hornets, then something that can mount them; an elephant is good, because it can mount both, but if that's out of your budget a Magnetar TM should do!

Yeah, the Yaki did always need fixing, they don't work as they should. The Yaki armada mod is good, as it lets them perform the raids they should be able to do, but their sectors are still broken, as they can never produce IBLs reliably... Shame really!

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ahhh, THAT plot! I love that one, a real challenge for a not bad reward.... I'm not giving anything away! Just make sure you get something that can blow up an asteroid, so get yourself a MDS or some Hornets, then something that can mount them; an elephant is good, because it can mount both, but if that's out of your budget a Magnetar TM should do!
- RandomTank

The Magnetar can mount Hornets? :o You sure about that?

Yeah, the Yaki did always need fixing, they don't work as they should. The Yaki armada mod is good, as it lets them perform the raids they should be able to do, but their sectors are still broken, as they can never produce IBLs reliably... Shame really!
- RandomTank

Yeah, I habitually use the cheat package to set up a working Yaki economy across Ocracoke's, Senator's and Weaver's. There's also the Improved Races mod, which adds mines, SPPs, wheat farms and other factories to Yaki territory. If you turn all the option on though, it can quickly break the universe! :o

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ooops, I meant that the Magnetar can mount MDS, not Hornets!! As most know, the smallest ship in the game that can take Hornets is the Medusa Proto, but they are bloody difficult to obtain (unless you start with one!), so any M6 will do if you want to use Hornets...

I will be the one to take you down!

You need to log-in to post here.