Updates to X3TC Site

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Updates to X3TC Site

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I love the fact you've updated all the compatible missiles stats on the TC section of the site now too, but I can't seem to comment on any ships at the min, anyone else having this problem? I am still logged in or I couldn't post this...

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

whoops, I deleted a file I shouldnt of - which made the whole comment system not work. I was doing some code sorting earlier today.

Its now been fixed.

ps. glad you like the new compatible missile format. The old version was a little too compact, I felt Smile

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, I think the new compatible missile format is great, much easier to find a specific missile, and it also tells you more about it compared to before, which saves going all the way through to the TC missile guide; Props to you Roguey!! Big grin
One thing though; it seems to be (well in may game at least) that 95% of the missiles in AP received a speed buff compared to the TC equivalents, if that is correct are you going to update this?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Very cool change Roguey Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

One thing though; it seems to be (well in may game at least) that 95% of the missiles in AP received a speed buff compared to the TC equivalents, if that is correct are you going to update this?

The missile stats of X3AP have now been updated. So hopefully all the speeds are correct Smile

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

great site. This site has helped in so many ways on the game. but it has also corrupted me, last night I was doing the Teriann where your in unk sec east of zyarths dom. ,where the elephant is . After the terrains took control of it I well I took it . It was all Kirlack fault lol. After reading his xenon did I downloaded the ship hijacker script to see if it worked like in his story well it did with the tl at least. . .Am waiting to see if it affects the plot any. Thanks for the idea Kirlack

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Roguey! You're Awesome! Dance They seem to be correct, I can't remember all of them off hand, but i'll give it a check through as well!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It was all Kirlack fault lol. After reading his xenon did I downloaded the ship hijacker script to see if it worked like in his story well it did with the tl at least. . .Am waiting to see if it affects the plot any. Thanks for the idea Kirlack
- Scott

Wut? What have I done now? Wink I write a few pirate stories and everyone's blaming me for their own low morals...

:D

EDIT: Roguey, on the subject of missiles, why are compatible missiles not shown on the ship compare page? It might just be me, but that's something I consider when picking my ship for a given mission (or mark :p ).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

EDIT: Roguey, on the subject of missiles, why are compatible missiles not shown on the ship compare page?

Well the main because of alignment. The top part of the stats is line by line. However when get to the guns the alignment goes a bit off (especially comparing a M5 to a M2). It could force a lot of scrolling, which I thought wasnt a great idea (so I left the missiles off).

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Fair enough Smile I can still see the missile selection on the individual ship page, so it's not a big deal Smile

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I refer to this site often.,easpally when trying arm ships adding.F missiles etc so thanks for a great site. Kirlack, thanks for taking things so well.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I understand it may not be a good idea to mess with a Skirnir! but has anyone tried, by any chance, to capture one?! Is it true that the Shadow missile is swarm (8 warheads per missile)?! If so, ...well I'll definitely need to capture a Skirnir myself, but yeah I should watch out the shadows, they are barely visible! and pretty dangerous of course, not underestimating the ghouls. Wink

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Raptor- did you post that message ^^ in the wrong thread?

@Roguey - I love the site. I have it up almost non-stop when I am playing TC. Thank you SO much for your work.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

@redheart, well the [Help > Missile Guide] section of the site says that the Shadow is a 8-warhead swarm missile while the Commonwealth equivalent, the Hammer Heavy Torpedo is a single-warhead one, I wanted to make sure it might be a mistake? Smile

And I thank Roguey for the help. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Raptor, first I did not mean to correct you at all. I just thought you clicked the wrong thread.

Now my thoughts on your question is that I don't see how those two are an equivalent of each other lol. That shadow has an explosive power of 755k where the Hammer Heavy has only 300k. Shoot and if the shadow is swarm of 8, that is 755k EACH missile. I would hope that they would cost more to purchase or cost more to build for that amount of damage.

I really don't know much of missiles myself, I manufacture the mosquito for anti-missle defense. I am just starting to build up the two missile factories I will need for when I get my M7M. I think if I stock pile them now then it would help in the longer end. I don't really use any missiles but if anyone wants to tell me what to use in my Mamba Vanguard (M3) fighter then I will start using them.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hi, thanks for the kind words.

as for the shadow missile, it was a mistake by ego - has it is over-powered due to its swarm flag ( x8 ). It was fixed in X3AP but I guess ego never got around to updating X3TC. Simply turning off that flag makes the missile not so unbalanced.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.