Pffffffffffffffffffffffff Trust my luck!

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Pffffffffffffffffffffffff Trust my luck!

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

So, casually jumping through UFJD sectors, and I find a lovely, clear, high visibility sector with no enemies on Radar, so I think 'Perfect place to find an Aran, right?'; so I switch to F2 to find a big asteroid to put my camera on to scan the sector, and at about 10 o'clock, just outside the peripheral sight of my Cobra, there's a bloody ARAN pointing straight at me! So as I'm bouncing off the ceiling, I travel to it an work out the distance to find it was LESS THAN EIGHT KILOMETERS AWAY!!!! Out of all the people on the Ego forums I've never seen anyone find one less than 10km away!! Trust me to do it! So I send my Marines in, they go through all 5 decks first try, no frills no fuss; they cap the ship and give it to me on 9% hull, not amazing but bloody good enough!! Damn was I happy, first one I've actually ever caught and found!! Has anyone else had a really good Aran find like mine?

*Edit: And to make it even better, when I jumped back it put me 4.9km away from the Light of Heart EQ Dock! Bonus!!!

I will be the one to take you down!
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've only one Aran myself, it got given to me at 23% hull. To be honest though it sits in my HQ doing nothing, I have no use for it.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Congrats Tank! Big grin 9% is cutting it pretty bloody close, I'm surprised your marines didn't abandon ship as the hull started to crumble around them!

I've only one Aran myself, it got given to me at 23% hull. To be honest though it sits in my HQ doing nothing, I have no use for it.
- bozo64r

That's a shame. I like to use mine as a mobile base. My personal Shrike is docked to it, along with my personal HCP and a wing of 6 Hyperions. There's not much that fleet can't cope with to be honest Wink

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

That's a shame. I like to use mine as a mobile base

I think the 12m/s is a bit of killer to be honest.

@RandomTank graz on the capture btw Smile

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I think the 12m/s is a bit of killer to be honest.
- Roguey

One of the reasons I like Hyperions. I keep one with a tractor beam on hand for tugging the Aran. Apparently I was a boy scout at some point (be prepared! :p ).

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks people! Yeah, now that I think about it, 9% is errrrmm..... almost dead! A (non combat) ship that I found that is good for towing is a Mercury Hauler, as it is cheap, goes 80m/s on the dot (maximum for towing), can take a TB, but also packs a nice 8000 cargo space! Biggest cargo space out of any TS that can tow at Max Speed! (That's a specific title, but what the hey, it'll do!).

I'm going to have to use my Aran as a Mobile Repair Base for the minute (as it was meant to be that!), since I have Marine Repairs and about 50-60 TS's that need transporting and selling, but after that I may use it as a force multiplier; instead of jumping in my RRF Shrike, I can jump in my Shrike and 20 HCP/Hyperion/Hades's to come and help me flatten a sector or two, with one simple command! No wonder why you can't mount M8's in a normal Carrier...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

One of the reasons I like Hyperions. I keep one with a tractor beam on hand for tugging the Aran.

Lol, I guess you could do it that way. Although i do find it odd that a large ship is faster being toed by a small craft, than using its own engines.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Scratch that!!!! Just found out an annoying lesson: A Mercury's Generator isn't big enough to power a Tractor Beam! Laugh Neither is any TS's apart from the Caiman range!! Dance And the only Caiman that can take a Tractor Beam is the Miner!!! Bugger, now I have a Mercury Hauler I don't need... Ahh well, i'll find a use for it! Well, people can now learn from my mistake, need a cheap Tug? Buy a Caiman Miner. NO OTHER TS/TM WILL DO.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Im sitting here reading this and thinking...um..uh ok.....I have no idea what they are talking about but it sounds fun! lol...I do understand that 9% hull was cutting it really close on that cap though! Grats!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@redheart The Aran is a massive ship that than carry another capital class ship, with 29 other ships (M6-). However it can only travel at 12m/s with its own engines. But, you can tow the Aran (with a much smaller craft) at 80m/s. Much faster than it can move itself - doesnt seem right eh?

Picture

The Aran is the ship at the top. Although the ship at the bottom is from X3AP, an M2+.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry, you're new to this aren't you? Big grin Well, welcome to the Forum anyway! Don't worry, as you progress through the game, you'll learn about all these wonderful things (with a little help from Roguey's site! Wink) It's quite a challenge to obtain the Aran, but the first step is to buy and start training up some some Marines, as training Marines takes an awfully long amount of time; so get started as soon as you can! They are incredibly useful as well, so buy/steal yourself a TP, grab a Bioscanner from the Terracorp HQ and find some Marines with a high fight rank, send them in for training at any Military Base, and about 500 days later you'll get them back trained!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hehe, yea, you def. got a long road ahead of you before you start seeing ships like the Aran.

I do agree with rTank, get them marines training soon as possible. You may think ure throwing your money away at the start, however when you do get around to boarding its so much better to have them ready.

ps. welcome to the site too @redheart

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Cool! I hadn't thought of towing the Aran, but at the moment my recently acquired Aran is only used to transport a small fleet to search UFJD sectors......... so far a futile burning up of several days to only cap an L and a M (both accidental.) I don't see a 'smiley face' thats fanged, bright purple and green, on fire and exploding!

Edit :- Sorry this comment is to do with X3AP! Will try towing though as need arises.

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry, you're new to this aren't you? ... They are incredibly useful as well, so buy/steal yourself a TP, grab a Bioscanner from the Terracorp HQ and find some Marines with a high fight rank, send them in for training at any Military Base, and about 500 days later you'll get them back trained!
- RandomTank

500 days? Wink Come on, give the guy a break, Tank :p You can get marines trained to three stars in all skills (except fighting which only increases as they partake in boarding ops), within 3 days of game start. You just need a little knowledge beforehand Wink

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Congratz on the Aran! I personally went the hard way around getting mine, it was barely in view range in a lightly populated Xenon zone, mannaged to get it at around 11% or something like that, docked my Panther to it and got outta there! The most useful thing I've found with the Aran is reverse engineering it and building another to get 100% hull, then just slap some shields on it and grab some upgrades and enjoy! I've primarily used it as a stationary base. I parked mine just outside the war sectors (In Albion prelude, sorry!) and had partols go back and forth by it with supply freighters refueling and rearming the groups. usually just M3 and M6 groups, but I had an M2 going between it once too! I thonk it could also work good for a trading base too, but not sure, gotta try that yet! :P

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!

You need to log-in to post here.