Commanding capital ships from inside

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Commanding capital ships from inside

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello. I would like to know your opinions on this.

Commanding of battleships from inside.

I´ve been gathering info all days, stalking Bernd´s profile, analyzing videos and I collected all possible facts about capital ship command.

Here it is:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=345306

HOWEVER, some people from the community say that Iam imaginating things, altrough I provided all sources, pics, proofs.
So your opinion on this, guys?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well unfortunately those who do know, cant say because of the NDA agreement (but equally without it we wouldnt know much else). Probably what the other's are trying to say, is that sometimes a game changes during development. So some of the facts in them interviews may of changed since.

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

But some of the videos are just two weeks old...

Roguey, you do have the Beta of Rebirth, right? I can see it on steam Smile maybe you could PM me and tell me how it is really about those capital ships & their commanding from inside... But no problem if you refuse Smile Iam just absolutely curious and Iam dying for any info.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

yes, I do have access to rebirth however I signed agreement with egosoft not revel anything to the public, until its public knowledge. So its not my place to answer your questions about the game. Only egosoft staff can choose whether to answer your questions or not. The fact is that a lot of people are looking for answers, as egosoft havnt really revelled too much about the whole project. You should get the same response from all the other testers. However things change once the game is released, because it becomes public knowledge. At this point you are bound to see a lot more people answering questions.

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

OK I understand that.

Could you at least tell me if those things are true?

-you can dock at capital ships
-you can walk around interiors just like around stations
-you can command it from inside, at least via the intercomm
-you cannot command the capship by talking to captain face 2 face
-you can see whats happening outside
-there is NO main bridge of capships yet
-you cannot steer capital ships
-you cannot control them through the VR googles
-RTS-like tactical interface for fleet control will come after game release, via patches.

Thanks for your time Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry but telling you if something is true or not may also reach the NDA too. I would have to look up to see if each point has been made public knowledge, and its answer before I can reply. I know that sucks, but agreeing to the NDA grants you with responsibilities. The rules are set by egosoft, and breaking them would lead me to be kicked out.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Dude, because it was announced as a game feature a long time ago... but they have been silent about it recently and Roguey is telling you he can't tell you... Then you can probably assume that walking in capitals is either non-existent, not yet working or not how we all think it will work.

If Bernd were to say "Yeah of course you can" then Roguey would be all about telling us because it wouldn't be confidential.

Their silence is not a good sign for your quest to be right.

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, ok.

I actually have no problem with "capital ship commanding from inside not being in the game", I just think that it would be very nice.

I have a strange tendency to seek every info available before playing game. Mastering the game before playing it. Smile

And capital ships are the only thing here that isn´t revealed completly.

jeanightmare

jeanightmare avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

OK I understand that.

Could you at least tell me if those things are true?

-you can dock at capital ships
-you can walk around interiors just like around stations
-you can command it from inside, at least via the intercomm
-you cannot command the capship by talking to captain face 2 face
-you can see whats happening outside
-there is NO main bridge of capships yet
-you cannot steer capital ships
-you cannot control them through the VR googles
-RTS-like tactical interface for fleet control will come after game release, via patches.

Thanks for your time
- AlexanderSziller

Hey There, I am looking forward to the anwsers of these questions too.
Some information that i have researched, not final at all:
1.you can dock at caps.
2.you ,maybe, can walk on the hangar (look for the screenshots in egosoft page)
3.you should be able to command via intercomm..not sure though
4.it has been said that you can talk to the ship commander in face to face but no confirmation on this
5.they told us that, but no confirmation.
6.I would love much this feature. Being the fleet commander isuing orders in the brigde of your capital flagship is the epitome of a fleet to fleet space battle (real cool) but honestly i doubt they have this feature in 1.0 but lets push for it Smile Smile. Maybe we get it later on.
7.yo cant steer cap ships, CONFIRMED.
8.NOP, maybe a mod Big grin
9.dont know, i just imagine homeworld tactical interface (remember spacebar Smile Cry) It should be there some day but still we dont know anything yet.

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@jeannightmare: you can talk to commander face to face, but not about orders, Bernd says that that would only slow down the procces. Instead of that you use the intercomm. Intercomm is actually the very same thing as Skunk´s aboard communication, but you use it when in "walk mode" aboard stations or capships.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well Earth guy Alex whatever... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=345611

Please apologize to the universe now for being so absurdly wrong. #3 on the list, there is no commanding the capital ships from anywhere except from inside the skunk. There is no bridge, there is no captain. There is not even a fully realized interior. No windows to look out, no nothing. Caps are giant flying space bars at best. http://www.ez-guild.com/news.php?readmore=839

Also, no more Universe Trader... you have to manually apply trades to your owned ships, and of course you cannot trade yourself in the skunk.

I hate to say it, but everything I have said about this game, every fear is coming to reality. As a project manager of software/hardware implementation I saw all this a mile away.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@jeannightmare: you can talk to commander face to face, but not about orders, Bernd says that that would only slow down the procces. Instead of that you use the intercomm. Intercomm is actually the very same thing as Skunk´s aboard communication, but you use it when in "walk mode" aboard stations or capships.
- AlexanderSziller

Just wanted to reiterate that no, there is no UI for commanding ships while in walk mode, as confirmed by Bernd here: http://www.ez-guild.com/news.php?readmore=839

You control through a UI on the Skunk, and only on the skunk.

jeanightmare

jeanightmare avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well Earth guy Alex whatever... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=345611

Please apologize to the universe now for being so absurdly wrong. #3 on the list, there is no commanding the capital ships from anywhere except from inside the skunk. There is no bridge, there is no captain. There is not even a fully realized interior. No windows to look out, no nothing. Caps are giant flying space bars at best. http://www.ez-guild.com/news.php?readmore=839

Also, no more Universe Trader... you have to manually apply trades to your owned ships, and of course you cannot trade yourself in the skunk.

I hate to say it, but everything I have said about this game, every fear is coming to reality. As a project manager of software/hardware implementation I saw all this a mile away.
- BarrenEarth

First time i didnt want to believe it, but Bernd himself shoot down every hope that i had. Its sad, i dont see x-rebirth as a step forward, is more like running away from everything that we x-players love...
Hope Star Citizen will be better Cry

Finally, Capital Ships in X-Rebirth are big space "drones" in the X3AP way of talking, it is a shame.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh dear lol. So, basically, not even remotely the game we were promised several years ago. Not that I was going to buy or play it anyway, but I'm now fully convinced that it's gonna have to be truly EPIC in whatever it actually does have, or Ego are going out of business :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

They're probably going to use the technique of adding extra content in regular (or not so regular) patches to extend the life of the game and to keep people playing (like they have with X3TC and AP); whether they charge for that is up for debate...

The problem is that have they left too much out resulting in a very short and lackluster game to start with? Even if you triple the length of the game within a year, no-ones going to buy it if it starts crap. We'll find out soon...

I'm still sitting on the fence about this; not gonna be one of these people that refuses to admit that the game could be awful and Ego's last hurrah, nor I am going to be one of these people that thinks that, no matter what they announce feature-wise, that the game will suck. Ambivalent to the core!

One thing I will say though: I'm not paying £35 for it. If I could pick up X3:R, X3TC and X3AP for £2.60 in 2011, I'm getting it cheaper than that...

I will be the one to take you down!
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Wait, when did they remove Autopilot from the game?! wtf Egosoft?!

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.