Video, Real Footage

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Video, Real Footage

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

You can see at 3:09, the window behind the characters in the station is static like a picture.

There is also a white fuzz present around the edges of the cockpit throughout that is painfully annoying. I thought they had removed that like 10 Beta's ago. It was hiding some bad edging for graphics that Post-Processing wouldn't fix but I guess it is back now in the release version.

All in all, poo

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Just to add, on the German forums Egosoft has admitted they are in the process of swapping out old graphics textures with new ones for the final build right now...

Adding new textures to your game... 8 days before release?! WTF Cold

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

That thing on 3:09 is certainly NOT a window. Its a monitor screen.

And what is the problem in swapping textures for new ones before release?
As first, there wasnt any new video quite for a long time, so it can be week or two weeks old.
Second, what can go wrong? Textures don´t clip through walls. Its basically the same as previous texture, they just swapped the colours.

And for that white fuzz... PLEASE, let it be there, I love it.
And they also said in the comments that the video was set to medium. And keep on mind that its a video, not game itself.

Barren, you just hate on everything that has anything to do with the game. I feel bad for this, but I have to call you a mindless hater, similar to the battlefield fanboy kind of people.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Can I ask you BarrenEarth, why you always criticize the game? Is it because they banned your account from their site? well it's not a problem, is it? its just about misunderstanding, no need to hate someone if he is not welcoming your opinion in his site, as a matter of fact he maybe doing so because you criticize him or his property in his own home! or maybe they are mistaken when they did that? I don't know.

Anyway, its okay, you can enjoy the game. If you don't like it anyway, there must be other games, better ones.

Sorry if you don't like me to talk about it, just let me know. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Swapping textures isnt exactly a big thing, happens all the time.

@Barren, please dont turn this into a flame war, okay you dislike the game but please dont turn this into a flame-war.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I would have thought CE boxed editions would have been finished, packaged and in route to the publisher and retailers by now

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

5-10 years ago, that would be the case but nowadays developers can fix the code for retail release but keep working on it via patches. So on day one there could be a patch. A lot of developers do this now, even on consoles. The main thing is the developer keeps working on it, the big developers (like EA, Ubisoft etc.) have a habit of moving onto something else after release. ie. they got your money, so they dont care. Egosoft however have a good past history of patching a game years after release.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ego are very good that way... Adding three entirely new plots to AP 2? years after release? That's awesome....

I will be the one to take you down!
Umbru

Umbru avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

In This Rock Paper Shotgun article the reporter talks about being able to see the combat going on outside while he was on a station talking to NPCs So apparently that is in game as far back as the GamesCon demo. While more than a few things I would like to see are going to be missing from 1.0 I am pretty sure there will be enough game play there to keep me busy until new features start rolling out via patches.

You need to log-in to post here.