First person view problems

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » First person view problems

Sarakin

Sarakin avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok, I have just started playing the game and I have not been able to make it past the intro. When the game drops from the conversation with your rescuee, it goes to first person view. My view springs to always looking up. I can use the keyboard arrow down to look down but as soon as I let go I am looking at the ceiling again. I am using Keyboard, Logitech G9X mouse, Saitek X52. I have tried disabling the 9-13 joystick buttons, in the Steam startup options, that someone referenced on the EGO forums. I refuse to attach a gamepad controller to my space flight sim.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, or have any advice?

Edit: I unplugged the joystick and the view seems to work fine. It is odd that I could not find other users of the X52 that mentioned the same problem. There were plenty of them ranting about lack of proper joystick support.

So the question still remains, I would like to keep the joystick for whatever use I can get out of it, but I am not sure what settings to tweak to get the first person view to work properly.

Sarakin

Sarakin avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Update. I was able to finally figure out how to tweak the joystick to look around properly. However, with it attached the game is a mess. None of the controls work quite the way they feel they should. I disconnected it and used mouse and keyboard alone and got much better results all the way around.

Sadly, I may have to shelve this game for a few months until EGOSOFT implements proper joystick support. As far as I am concerned it is currently unplayable.

You need to log-in to post here.