Steam Refunds

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Steam Refunds

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

FYI, Steam is offering refunds to PRE-ORDERS ONLY if you find the game completely disgusting like most.

https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Egosoft and DS are in a giant fit about this as Steam usually reserves this for epic failures like ROME II and Sim City V

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/egosoft-apologise-for-the-state-of-x-rebirth

Egosoft apologizes to fans...

Unfortunately they are missing some of the core problems with the game are the game design decisions themselves.

Provoid

Provoid avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/egosoft-apologise-for-the-state-of-x-rebirth

Egosoft apologizes to fans...

Unfortunately they are missing some of the core problems with the game are the game design decisions themselves.
- BarrenEarth

Well, the only bug that is annoying is the FPS drop at some points.
And talking about refunds, what exactly did Egosoft lie about before the release? Everything that was promised, is there.
I bet most of the players got stuck in a mission because they have no brains, so they went crying on Ego and Steam forums, and thats where all this fuzz comes from.
There is nothing to refund because the game is exactly what they told us to be.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

well maybe im being thick, but dont really see much about steam offering volume refunds. If you got a link with more information that would be great. I know quite a lot of people are upset about the game, having problems etc.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hmm can somebody give a detailed comparison between this game and x3/x2.. Has rebirth become an fps in space like I feared it would?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

jjhawk best thing to do is look at my youtube channel. You see videos up-to about 50% through the plot(roughly).

Umbru

Umbru avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

To be honest even as buggy as it is I am still having more fun than I have had with the last several games I have bought. Looks like they are tackling the bug list with zeal so hopefully I'll be able to recommend it to my friends without reservation in a few months

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

jjhawk best thing to do is look at my youtube channel. You see videos up-to about 50% through the plot(roughly).
- Roguey

Cheers Roguey I will do that.. I am so lost for words after checking Egosoft forums however.. How have they managed to alienate so much of the community Cry

Umbru

Umbru avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

They defiantly pissed off the vocal part of it that is for sure but those are the same folks that will jump right back in if/when their pet feature gets added in or the majority of the bugs are ironed out.

Sarakin

Sarakin avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I know for me, while I am not excited about the game right now. I don't feel I need a refund just yet. EGOSOFT and the fan base have always been very good about fixing problems with the X series. I will continue to have faith for now.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

They defiantly pissed off the vocal part of it that is for sure but those are the same folks that will jump right back in if/when their pet feature gets added in or the majority of the bugs are ironed out.
- Umbru

You think this is a vocal minority??? That is pretty simplistic. No, this is a vocal majority, defenders of the game decisions are even on the forums blasting egosoft.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well from what I have seen so far it's not quite what I expected. The control of the ship from what I can tell from the vids is as if you have enable a console command to enable free movement (I hope that makes sense) Just does not look to have any kind of inertia feel to it.. This is totally depressing for me..

There is no gravidar and enemies just teleport a distance away from you.. Is this a 1980's game? Have we gone full circle and re-invented space invaders 3d? Navigation seems like an afterthought and them terrible blue boxes around every target In view from x3 has returned.. The enemies look like they are miles away same as x3.. To be honest it's like x3 with a cockpit thrown In.

From the vids, Roguey has to fly right upto a target almost crashing into it and then go through some kind of menu just to target things or even dock.. OMFG this is bad, whats it going to be like when your attacking a station or ships while under attack yourself and your target is actually moving!!

The mini game while traveling highways is an utter joke.

Having to leave your ship to do anything but fly.... Are they serious?

So how long before the xbox one release is announced? I'm going to put money on it, because this is console material 100% The most horrible part about this is that the loyal community has been used to fund it In this shocking state while they fix it up for console release.. If I had bought this game I would feel cheated and used like some cheap whore.

Well from my first impressions it is quite clear that this is not a true X-game as we have come to know. I appreciate they have done something different and new and used the X-universe lore, but this Is never going to be the X4 that fans wanted. If we want X4 then we are going to have to mod x3 or wait another 7 years for Egosoft to finally listen to the community after this PR disaster and that is what this is.

Your opinions may differ and that's what they are for. I shall not be purchasing this game In any state I'm afraid, it's just not my kind of game and I will leave it at that.

You need to log-in to post here.