Metacritic = TONS of negative reviews

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Metacritic = TONS of negative reviews

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there, yea the game has performance issues, there's bugs and has a bad GUI.. but I didnt think things were that bad. I guess ego built up the game so much that it was going to be a disappointment whatever the case. When I saw the wave of angry posts yesterday/today it was shocking (there is a lot of hate on steam).

Please do not blame any of the testers for any of this. We testers did our part of testing the game.

Its a real shame, cos this could of been the the big-league for ego. What the future holds for them now is really what they do in the next few weeks i think.
- Roguey

Aye.. I have had access to the beta forum for years, but lost interest with reporting bugs etc, because they blatantly ignore you. It always makes me laugh when fan boys over the years defend Egosoft for listening to feedback, because it's a total lie. Egosoft do however support games for a long time after release, even if that content is mainly community made content.

birdtable

birdtable avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello Roguey ... Thanks for the guides ..as always invaluable.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello Roguey ... Thanks for the guides ..as always invaluable.
- birdtable

Thanks.

AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

What really gets my goat is how the bugs obscure all efforts to learn about the game. My understanding was that it would be lighter weight, more focused, less paperwork, "game-ier". But there's little chance of finding anything in the game itself. I'd love to hop on the steam forums and rag on how the eccentricities of the old games are better left behind, and milk some raging fanboys for lulz. I'd love to have an interesting discussion right here about those eccentricities and the losses and gains in new design choices. I'd really love to finish the starting plot!

Instead, I'm stuck in a holding pattern, waiting for patches. Can't play the game, can't get any new material for posting. Maybe this is a sign I should play more EVE with my brother.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/pc-games-germany?filter=games

These guys are the second critic review. They trend 4.9 points higher on average than other critics and they are from Germany. They also waited until 1.13 to review... 39/100

This game is going down in flames hard.

Rover

Rover avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am trying to get a refund atm its just that bad. The official forums are full of flamers, trolls, and white knights.

There is now a mod to put back in basic commands for ships. The fact that this was written in a some what workable format by a moddern in less than 4 days is just sad, and says a lot about the current state of the game.

People keep saying its the most moddable X yet thanks to the new diff tag, but I am unsure of what else, and made a post to get more information. My fear is that the claim of it being the most moddable yet might just be another half truth when everything is said and done.

Its just a whole bunch of sad....

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.