Mods and Features and the Space Between

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Mods and Features and the Space Between

AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've been feeling the acute pinch from the lack of all those scripts I depended on in AP, as I assume everyone else is. It reminds me of when Skyrim first came out. Without at least the bugfix mods, it could be nigh unplayable. Heck, now that I think about it, I remember playing TC without the bonus pack. Setting up a station system was near impossible compared to using CLS and CAG.

The most useful features weren't part of the vanilla game. They were created and developed by modders, not Egosoft. I'm going to have to wait a while for extra ship commands and better cockpit readouts, but I think they will come. I'm pretty sure there will be a XR Bonus Package in time.

Until then, I have this forum.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=129

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh yeah you will find the X modding community is very helpful, just make a thread with a request for something and you will usually get done for you.. Terran conflict and Albion prelude would not exist if it wasn't for the modding community..

You could also ask on here I suppose, not sure if Roguey is still interested In the modding side, but if you have x2, x3 or tc just try his mods, they make vanilla look laughable.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

well I lost quite a bit of faith in the game - it really needs a good kick - some of the gameplay elements just are wrong. Sure mods may improve the game but you need to start with a solid base in the first place. You shouldnt have to keep relying on the mod community to make things better/fix gameplay.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

The modding community is what has kept Egosoft afloat for the last seven years, lets not forget that.. But yes I agree with Roguey; Egosoft has become pretty lazy and rely on the community to fix stuff they cannot be arsed fixing.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

funny how most of the mods around are about removing things from the game, rather than adding things. Oh well..

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well if the recent Egosoft trend is anything to go by then taking away features is somehow seen as progress.. Then again they think controlling drones is a great new feature.... hmmm I remember controlling a drone In that stupid mission spying on the Yaki In x3 plot so that's not exactly a new idea... And well I remember back In x2 sat In my Teladi Condor controlling an Argon nova via a monitor screen, now that was a feature sorely missed In x3 nevermind the latest game. Less = more???

You need to log-in to post here.