Guide Requests

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Guide Requests

Katastrophi

Katastrophi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have a few guide requests for anyone interested in helping the rest of us learn the game.

1. Trading - How is this *supposed* to work? I've got a freighter roaming around with 50 drones and 3 "in use", not sure why, it's just flying to sectors I go to. Am I supposed to buy fuel manually or when they run out and I tell them to buy fuel first, do they actually do it? When I give trade orders it increments the number planned runs, but the freighter doesn't always move. I assume this game was beta tested, so someone must know if it's working as intended or not and should be able to post a guide so I can find out if I'm doing it correctly, or if it's bugged.

2. Station building. Construction ship is sitting there, how do I get the supplies to it? My freighter isn't of much use (or maybe I'm doing it wrong - it's not picking up supplies when I give it orders).

3. Capturing ships, I can sit there for 10+ minutes while my marines ("pilot unknown" in info panel) show that they have no orders and aren't progressing with the capture of the ship. Did they give up? Forget what they were doing? Am I doing it wrong?

4. Ship orders. This would probably help with many of the problems I'm having. Even when I give an order to a freighter if I look in the info panel, the only order the captain has is to follow the Skunk. How is this helpful? Can I give him orders without him being in my squad? I don't know WTF is going on here, help!

5. Reputation. Okay, if I do a mission or kill an enemy of the station it goes up by +1. Or not, sometimes it says it does, but doesn't really move. Perhaps the reputation value is a float and it's only going up by a fraction of the -30 to 30 values that are displayed to me. If I kill the member of a faction, I lose reputation with them. That's logical, I can understand that. Lets say I'm -20 reputation with someone, how do I increase reputation with them? Do I have to kill their enemies, who I may be on good terms with? Is reputation zero sum so I can only have good reputation with a limited number of factions? Is it non-zero in which I can only get a net loss in reputation, as I have to go around slaughtering everyone to increase reputation with their enemies? Do I have to kill friendlies, then do a couple missions, kill them some more, etc? Maybe, might seem a bit silly (you killed 1 million of us, but did some missions for us too, all is forgiven! haha), but I can manage that if that's how reputation is *supposed* to work. One last reputation question. Why are there so many factions with no name that I have relations with? Is this another bug?

6. Player fleet. How do I know when a ship is destroyed? Is there a message log similar to X3? Is there a log or history of any sort that I can view what has happened that might explain why my fleet seems smaller today than it did yesterday?

I know there has to be some beta testers that frequent this site, or at least someone who has played the game and knows how things work, even if it's only sometimes. According to Steam I've played this game for 27 hours already, and I've reached the point that I'm so frustrated with either A) not knowing how to do things, or B) things might be bugged because they aren't working as I believe they should. Is there additional software I'm supposed to purchase to get my captains to do things intuitively? I've only found the Trade Software.

I'm doing my best not to "cheat" by editing save files, or memory editing, but so far, while I'm really trying to enjoy this game, I have found it to be frustrating.

You need to log-in to post here.