X has been ruined, and Egosoft lied.

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » X has been ruined, and Egosoft lied.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry to say this, and we all already know this, but Egosoft fucked up big time.

It has been many, many years since I bought a full priced AAA title, even more costly with the CE content, that has been so unfinished and buggy. There's no other way to say it. The game is simply unfinished. This is priced up there (even more with the CE content) then Assassins Creed 4.

This is not an Early access title, it's not an Indie priced title, this is a marketed and sold as, a fully priced AAA title!

Mods are great, a moddable game is awesome, a game that NEEDS mods on release to actually be playable is NOT!

Egosoft the entire development of this game have said they were not interested in making Console games, Rebirth was dedicated to PC, etc etc, blah blah. They outright lied! On release week alone there has been Xbox 360 code found in the game files! The entire game has obviously been made around consoles. I have no doubt that if this game sold well it would of been made for the next gen consoles.

This game is currently bugged, nearly unplayable, lacks all depth of the X series, and just...

Hell, I've applied for a Steam refund. I'll rebuy it when its actually working. I'll let you know if my refund is granted.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

http://roguey.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1082&p=2#last

See above topic, you're not alone In your thoughts.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there, please let us know if you do get a refund - I hear that its normally pretty uncommon that steam offer refunds but you may have a chance. £40 is a lot in any-bodies money.

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi jjhawk, My friend in Newcastle upon Tyne had a similar problem and asked for a refund as the copy he received opf a game would not run.

He has been at them for 12 months now for a refund. So, do not hold your breath. But I wish you the very best of Luck.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I'm quite fortunate or not so fortunate as my desktop pc is not working at the moment so I did not buy the game, I can only feel sympathy for those who are not enjoying the game and desire a refund..

At this moment I'm installing x3 tc on my laptop...

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It's a sorry state of affairs... When launch week of their next big game... Everyone is leaving it and going back to a game they released 7 years ago.

Ranalune

Ranalune avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

My english may be rough around the edges, or weird, it's not my mother tongue, That being said :

Well, even though I feel betrayed by Egosoft (I preordered for myself and gifted one copy to a close friend for his birthday :'( ), I try to keep emotions out of the loop.
I am struggling to discover the game, plagued by bugs, but I still have hopes.

As it was stated, it's sort of a reboot to the series. While many of the game mechanics are questionable, and others reeks of console gaming (awful minigames), I think some answers to past complexity are quite smart, but not fully exploited.

The first thing to hammer in our heads is :
"It will be different (from past X games), and you have to learn many things again. It's not because you don't know how to do something that it is not there !"

For example, take the possibility to assign commanders to other ships so squadrons are self managed by a single NPC. It's smart, immersive. Yet we should be able to give formations, and more orders. The possibility to have key crews, that level up is good too. Always wanted this.

Thus, I wait a bit, every patch (one per day) seem to solve the more pressing bugs, and I will take a deep look into game mechanics. I hope Ego will take some steps back on some mechanics, but even if they don't, the beautiful community of modders will be there. Yes, I know, depending on modders is not ideal. But, do we have a choice for now ?

My guess for this launch is : Egosoft was desperate for cash, would have loved to turn the preorder to early access, but was somehow prevented to do it by Deep Silver. Publishers are often the bad guys when it comes to too early launches.

To conclude :
I'm disappointed, but I will not stay on my first impressions (even if they are the more important ones as stated by a common saying). I know for a fact that X games are deeper than they may look, and quite demanding to play well (and even more to master !).
I just hope it will not spell doom for Egosoft, as it is one of the last independent studios.

PS: thanks for your site Roguey, used it for some years now !

AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I'm quite fortunate or not so fortunate as my desktop pc is not working at the moment so I did not buy the game, I can only feel sympathy for those who are not enjoying the game and desire a refund..

At this moment I'm installing x3 tc on my laptop...
- jjhawk

In a lot of threads I read, people say they're going to reinstall Terran Conflict, but not so much Albion Prelude. I wonder if that's in anger against XR or they just don't like the war scenario messing with their complexes and trade ships. I hope it's the former, because the war made things a lot more interesting.

donbaker

donbaker avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ranalune is right on. I can't blame Egosoft for the XBOX thing. We don't know the pressures Egosoft was\is under.My PC is not up to Rebirth, QuadCore 2.5 9800x2. But will play Rebirth no matter what when upgrade. Now adding onto thousands of hours on Albion Prelude. ?? Hoping Egosoft will work with Modders to do another great add-on to Albion. I would be glad to pay for it.

playing albion prelude
jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

At this moment I'm installing x3 tc on my laptop... - jjhawk

In a lot of threads I read, people say they're going to reinstall Terran Conflict, but not so much Albion Prelude. I wonder if that's in anger against XR or they just don't like the war scenario messing with their complexes and trade ships. I hope it's the former, because the war made things a lot more interesting.
- AngryToaster

Well a few reasons,

a) I stopped playing TC before it's last update so I think there are a couple of missions I never did.

b) I'm playing on my laptop, not my desktop pc.. Laptop is running TC fine btw, doubt those huge battles On ap would hold up as well.

c) I ain't a big fan of TC or AP.. I actually enjoy X2 far more to be quite honest.

d) Roguey never did a mod for AP, I just enjoy a more balanced game that runs faster than vanilla too.

e) Both TC and AP are toned down versions of Extended mod, that's where all the missile spamming ships come from.

You need to log-in to post here.