Ware to Station Relationship

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Ware to Station Relationship

Katastrophi

Katastrophi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey,

You already have what must be a database with all the wares and stations, could you add a relationship between them so I can look up a ware and find all the stations it's sold at please?

If this is already possible, please point me in the correct direction. Example, I'm currently looking at the http://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/wares/ware-105/ page and I want to quickly find out which stations it's sold at. Unfortunately, this functionality is not built into the game as it was in X3:AP.

Many thanks.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there.. well there isnt really much of a database, most of the information comes directly from the XML, however to do a look up of what stations sell which wares is fairly complex;

- A station has a set amount of modules it can have installed. Each module would need to be looked up, to see what it does. Modules can be used by multiple stations btw.

- Each station can have different default modules installed, depending on its map entry. So for each station, it would need to be checked against the zone map to see what modules are installed.

So basically, we want to find out where a ware is brought/sold;

1, Search through all modules and look for where its being sold (159 files),
2, Now with list of modules, check each station for the module (100+ files),
3, With a list of stations, look each one on the map then get its template (x amount scan through zones.xml),
4, Compare each template with the modules that sell the ware in step 2 (results x 159 files),

So basically for one look-up 100's of files (maybe even 1000's) would need to be opened and searched through to give you where a ware is sold/brought. Its possible to do, but isnt exactly easy. This is the case of making something simple, way too complex.

You need to log-in to post here.