for Roguey or anyone

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » for Roguey or anyone

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Has anyone completed the plot? And do you get back the ship from eailer?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Not at the moment, kind-of lost a bit of interest when hitting the mission to gather 300 food rations.

Ranalune

Ranalune avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am not able to complete this same mission. Trade is, well, quite broken. Or I do it wrong !
(my self-esteem shouts it is not my fault though :p)

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry, uninstalled and working on a refund already before having fully completed the tutorial campaign myself, but here's what I learnt:

You are supposed to get that ship back but is only seems to work in like 10%. Way to go is to save before going through the gate to Devries again, then get through and reload until you end up on the other side with your "lost" ship.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

True, it doesnt seem much fun - flying between point A, to point B, then having to find some wares. Finding wares is just hard work.

Ranalune

Ranalune avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well the only software you can buy, the trading software, helps a bit with that.
My problem is : the trade is not even there when i click the icon indicated by the mission and the trade menu open...

It was there before... but then the trading ships didn't want to move :p
Wil wait a few more bug fix patches. But I guess I may have to start again from scratches.

AnthonyThorburn

AnthonyThorburn avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

If you look into the guides and videos on youtube you can see how the trade is preformed. An important thing in game right now is to not multi order your trader. Just let it do its thing until the captain sends you a report. You can find where foodstuffs are made on this site, I believe it is somewhere in the Far Out sector? To initiate a trade simply fly to a station, (in the beginning it will be difficult on account of lack of station information), scan until you either find the desired "vendor" (suitcase with either a + for selling goods and a - for buying goods). Once in range select vendor, select the required goods (mostly only 1-2 choices per dock, click next, select amount and then bam! Your trader will automatically fly to the "vendor" pick up the shipment and, if in squad, will follow you or if not in squad will wait the next command. READ THIS. If you multi order before your trader has picked up the first order you risk bugging your trader and not allowing it to trade anywhere. It will say in the DE (details) of ship [Ship has too many trade requests] and I havnt found a way to undo that. In lite the trading is short lived in this Xverse right now, but I believe once the patch's make a dent this will be independently one of EGOSOFT's top makes ever. I like the idea of being restrained to a cockpit and having to deal with your fleets, stations, traders, economy... It adds a new challenge, but I would also like to see the ability of being able to change ships, or at least be able to dock and fly your own ships.

_+-=First Post=-+_

Ranalune

Ranalune avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well thanks but the problem is elsewhere. I do give my trade ship one thing to do at a time. The cargolifter drones don't want to do what they should Smile And I tried (with giving me more credits to test) with different freighters, captains...

I don't want to mess with the mod that fix the economy yet. I'm waiting for 1.18, 'cause I've done many things in my current (6th try to do the campaign bug free) attempt to beat the campaign. While the 1.17 prevented me from, well, traveling with highways, I traveled outside of them, while "long-range scanning". Made a sh**l**d of money in the (long) process. Yeah, I was pretty bored, and it didn't fixed my mood :p

Just hope the next patch is indeed before the WE, so that I can try to beat the campaign, and leave the game get fixed. Then coming back in a few weeks and see what happened. Always did this with X games anywhay. Do the plot(s), wait a bit, come back and mod like crazy !

emerhawk

emerhawk avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Not at the moment, kind-of lost a bit of interest when hitting the mission to gather 300 food rations.
- Roguey

Look in to this; http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=355127 it may help, although incomplete.

You need to log-in to post here.