No Roguey Noooo!

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » No Roguey Noooo!

Rifter08

Rifter08 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

I,m quite dishearted at your comments, it was you and you're site that saved X3 for me. I originally bought X3 R,TC, AP on sale on steam, I played R for 20 mins b4 rage quitting, but after find your site and reading about UI changes i have clocked up over 500 hours for TC, AP. (R sits on 40 Mins). And this site has been an invaluable asset, i would always load Rogueys B4 i started playing, and still do, just to see what you've learned. The time and effort you've put in over has been greatly appreciated, and has helped hundreds to know and love the X universe.
All i can say is, don't give up, i still retain a modicum of trust with Egosoft to fix the mess they released.
After all it is a beautiful game they have created, but its some of the design decisions more then bugs and glitches that have marred XR.
Egosoft have supported the X community for years, i mean they updated AP 4 months ado, and X2 was updated for win7, they didn't have to. They weren't paid for it, they did it because they love their game, and honestly do want to give us the best game they can.
So its up to us, the gamers, to have a bit of patience and show a bit of support for Egosoft. I'm sure Bern is devastated and rightly so, they really should have done an Alpha-Beta release, and avoided all the angst.
So please Roguey, please, dont give up on them yet, i'm relying on you to tell me the where to buy and sell Radioactive waste.
X wouldn't be the same without you.

firestorm79

firestorm79 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

amen to that

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

thanks guys, well I guess we just have to see what happens during the next few weeks now. They know where I stand, and have told them about things. Hopefully things will improve.

Orric

Orric avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Only Chris Roberts can save us now

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

If they release the x3 source code then the community could make an even better x game.. Lets not forget somebody already made x3 multiplayer when Egosoft said it was impossible.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

If they release the x3 source code then the community could make an even better x game

I too agree that the community could make a better X game. Nod

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

If they release the x3 source code then the community could make an even better x game
I too agree that the community could make a better X game.
- Raptor

They already did it was called Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude Dunce

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, but being able to change some of the hard-coded stuff would open new avenues..

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

While I agree to the OP that Roguey's site was most useful, I also took my leave from the XR now.

we just have to see what happens during the next few weeks now. They know where I stand, and have told them about things. Hopefully things will improve.
- Roguey

The problem at hand is that they cannot afford to make this a proper PC game, they'd be stomped by the upcoming competition before they're even done. Thus, it is more than obvious that they MUST move over to the news console as soon as possible, raising their QA to the standards that MS/Sony/etc. demand and sacrificing as much gameplay depth as needed. Without that, they'll be dead as soon as Star Citiven hits the market.

So, overall I can understand their decision to go for console, but going the fraud route on their formerly loyal PC customers to milk them one last time is just unbelievable. Especially since there's no apologies, compensation or at least a hint that they plan on adding the promised content - I am sure it will never come, but instead consoles take priority soon enough.

So, Roguey, since this is a thread about you: Will you join up for SC ? Sounds like this platform could serve as a nice place to gather up a small group already. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So, Roguey, since this is a thread about you: Will you join up for SC ? Sounds like this platform could serve as a nice place to gather up a small group already.

Well I should be in the alpha and beta's, so yes. Its just well been busy with things and I havnt really got 'around' to it yet. There's a lot ot things im tidying up now. As my plans with XR have more or less changed.

I too agree that the community could make a better X game.

Indeed, having the source code would allow us to removal more limits and add countless things back to the game too. One thing id like to do is switch from that type junk, and use proper XML for ships. It may be even possible to do multi player too (probably have to remove SETA for that). However im sure it would do much better than XR, cos if you started with X3AP code, then you already beaten XR. The with a good community behind it, then you have so much help - space fans are very loyal and helpful.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Indeed, having the source code would allow us to removal more limits and add countless things back to the game too.
- Roguey

Exactly, but why don't egosoft allow that? Sad

It may be even possible to do multi player too (probably have to remove SETA for that).

And that would be soooo great, maybe no SETA but only for multi-player, single-player will still have SETA.

And we don't need new engine for that, X3 Engine is the best (even better than the new Rebirth one), could someone offer Egosoft that idea to let the community do that. That could save the future of ES. Nod

And as you said with a good community behind it, we have so much help - space fans are very loyal and helpful. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

[quote=Roguey] It may be even possible to do multi player too /quote]
Oh please be true. I would love to set up a server for me and a few friends where we each start off with a few million credits, build an army and attack each other!

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

[quote=Roguey] It may be even possible to do multi player too /quote]
Oh please be true. I would love to set up a server for me and a few friends where we each start off with a few million credits, build an army and attack each other!
- SpiritOfDeath

It's already been done, but the modder that did it altered some files.. Suffice to say the thread dissapeared of the Ego forum and his account banned.. It was my friend Gomorragh who told me about it...

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It's already been done, but the modder that did it altered some files.. Suffice to say the thread dissapeared of the Ego forum and his account banned.. It was my friend Gomorragh who told me about it...
- jjhawk

Lol wtf ? While this surely violated the TOS, it was in good intent and Egosoft could have profited from it. Banning for such is hillarious, and looking at their lack of skills they rather should have hired that guy. No wonder they are going to die...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well with the source-code things like that would be possible without hacking away at the files. I wonder what happened to the guy.

You need to log-in to post here.