Easiest station to manage.

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Easiest station to manage.

Tanzaemon

Tanzaemon avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi all ,

As many of you I'm now trying to build something in freeplay,I'm used to the old X3 building etc and I really don't know where to start, many stations require some expensive/rare components, do you guys have any ideas about what to start with and where to start?

For now I'm building my capital with some trading, takes time but it works.

And please let's try to stay on topic Smile

birdtable

birdtable avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

ROGUEY ...This is where you belong ...The glue between the fans and X ...Not Egosoft, Not Bernd ....But X the series... Look at your sub-sites ... look at your history ....Helping Tanzaemon to start building and so help everyone who reads this post.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

lol, well to be honest I dont know too much about station building. when I tried, the ship with deploy then wouldnt do anything. I tried a few times and moved onto something else. The only thing I can say is that you need a constructor ship.

Tanzaemon

Tanzaemon avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sir Roguey, with all due respect if you don't know it who the hell will answer me...
This is wrong, you are suppose to break the game not the opposite.
Man up and help us! Can't you see we're lost without you.

phillstevens

phillstevens avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok I know nothing of the management side of owning a station as couldn't find the menu for that but I DID manage to build an energy array. First up I went in search of a ship builder. Asked them to build me a constructor ship and paid the money. Waited a few minutes and the ship appears outside the station. Got myself an Architect and put her to work on the ship. Next I flew around to find a spot to build on. Wasn't really bothered where as just wanted to test building. Found a spot marked by a Build Icon and clicked on it. Gave option to build station and brought up a list of available stations. I selected Energy Array. The Architect then asks how you want to obtain the materials for the station. You can bring them yourself or let her do the work. I selected for her to buy them and then gave her a load of credits. 17,000,000 I think it was. Went off and pottered around the Galaxy and about 8 hours later my station is built, with bars and everything. It's massive anmd thats just 1 segment. Thats all I've done so far. Not made anything or sold anything, just built the station. Hope this helps someone and if anyone can advise on the next step or station management it would be appreciated. Oh I did ask to add to the station which is pretty much the same process as above and I assume takes the same length of time.

Edit: Just wanted to add that when I requested that the Architect sort out the materials needed and i'd given her the money the ship stays where it is and various NPC traders come along, dock with the Constructor ship and sell materials. The Constructor ship does not move around buying things. Every now and then i'd contact the Constructor via the comm's to find out what was happening and if any more matgerials or cash were needed but never had to do much myself other than fund it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

well sorry guys, im just one person who did mostly testing. I understand that you feel that I should know all the answers but often XR left me confused. So started to work on the basics like navigation and ships. After that, I started to look at wares, then trade-ships (this took a lot of time to work out, even with help from others). After-which the game was released and I kind-of ran out of time. The game wasnt in a state to write/learn about most things for a long time.

phillstevens

phillstevens avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I think once you achieve something in the game, difficult and different though it is, and ignore the 'flowery' additions like station walking there is actually some substance to the game. I would hope that once the bugs are ironed out that they will start adding stuff to make things a lot more interesting. It's been a bad start but I think the future of this game could be bright if we all stick with it.

MadArkael

MadArkael avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I agree, however I wouldn't blame them if they scrapped it.

They need to take their 'new' engine and work on some of new features that could be cool if implemented correctly, like modular ships, give me a frame, i'll build the rest.
Also, take all the pathing algorithms and start over.
They should work on the things that are still broken from x3 for the new game.
Give us a near flawless X 3 1/2 with some new features and the community would love them.

You need to log-in to post here.