Rebirth rant

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Rebirth rant

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey, that is because only AP was released on Steam at release date. Also Many who bought the superbox also wanted to use mods and therefore would have done a nosteam.exe on their install.

It is impossible to determine the relationship between the previous X games and Rebirth because Rebirth is the only Steam mandatory game. However, yesterdays peak was just shy of 2500 users in Rebirth and AP hit almost 1200... or half.

Half, for a poorly sold stand alone expansion vs a 2 week old "blockbuster" is pretty bad.

birdtable

birdtable avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have to ask ....were some of mods involved with xtended and XRM also involved with Rebirth ,,, I see poor judgement in both these expansions/mods ... E.G give you an impulse ray emitter instead of repair laser (xtended) and then make you play fluffy bunny if you want the repair laser back,,, some of the language in XRM ... "like do i care" and "bite me" ......Not trying to defend Bernd in any way but was he given some poor input early on or during the making of Rebirth ..... Also some of the quiz questions and missions did try to be a bit intellectual ( Treasure hunt) for no purpose other than to be pointless game killers that appealed to a minority.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

@barren ah, that makes sense, I forgot about the non-steam exe. XR activity as dropped fairly quickly although, whether they are waiting for patches or doing something else is a guess. I cant see 12k people returned the game for a refund.

@birdtable I wasnt there when the early worked started - so I dont know to be honest. As for XRM/xtended ive never tried those mods, but I do know XTM was used for X3AP. So egosoft do have a history of merging mods into their games.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@barren ah, that makes sense, I forgot about the non-steam exe. XR activity as dropped fairly quickly although, whether they are waiting for patches or doing something else is a guess. I cant see 12k people returned the game for a refund.

@birdtable I wasnt there when the early worked started - so I dont know to be honest. As for XRM/xtended ive never tried those mods, but I do know XTM was used for X3AP. So egosoft do have a history of merging mods into their games.
- Roguey

Well when 1.8 came out Monday the game stats upticked back to middle of last week numbers getting over 2500... when everyone realized it didn't fix shat, the game was back to 2100 tuesday.

The game won't go below 600 because the review teams, Dev Net and Egosoft employees will still be playing it.

In contrast, AP was up to 1200

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.