Finally someone gets it

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Finally someone gets it

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

When I first watched through the credits, it struck me that the tester list included a few of the more active critics and naysayers in what is now the Rebirth Archive forum.

At the time, a lot of us assumed they were just prejudiced against the new game based on the marketing, but now it seems more likely that they just weren't able to share more specific information about their concerns because of their NDAs.
- Vim Razz
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4282651#4282651

Thank you, finally someone gets what we were trying to do, the bolder of us who saw what we were about to get... Most were banned or shunned by the community and labeled haters... now we see.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmmm.. maybe me being thick, but im not seeing what you are getting at. I did see some of your posts on the official boards, they did look like they would encourage flaming, and a bit of abuse to other players. These situations can quickly go out of hand, especially on a official board. The NDA doesnt suppress your own feelings/thoughts about the game, its just we couldnt post them because they were based on Devnet material. Now the game is public, its not covered under the NDA rules and we can post what we like (as you seen on my XR site).

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

This guy came to the conclusion that in the credits for the game are screen names of testers. Yours included.

He then went back to the old Rebirth forums and found the majority of "naysayers" were actually testing the game. Now he feels sad that he and other "fanboys" dismissed them as clueless when infact they knew all along.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

ah, thanks for explaining - sorry if I was being a bit thick earlier. I think quite a few people expressed concern about the game, although I think some of it got mixed up in the community.

I can understand both sides of the story. People thinking are attacking for no reason, whilst others defending egosoft. I feel in this situation the NDA caused a split of the community, and for whatever reason egosoft didnt intervene into the mater. I guess they have their reasons; maybe the lack of news caused it? Its hard to say.

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Myself I am not under NDA but - besides various silly game decisions - nevertheless sick of how Egosoft not only treated but still treats their formely most loyal fans. I've been pestering the forums for a while demanding answers that we truly deserve, but since Bernd just hides in his cave for weeks now while evading any relevant answers, I cannot see this to change and opted out of wasting more of my time in their forums. Not bothing with this kinda company anymore, sorry.

In regards to this topic: You don't need to have tested the game during closed beta to see the flaws in it now, though having been there and reported valid concerns surely is much more annoying for you guys. So, I think there's most such "splits" than just NDA or not.

Tigereye31890

Tigereye31890 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I wouldn't label someone a hater before or after release for sharing an opinion. I either agree or disagree.... or just keep neutral. Sit and wait for something to happen. Or nothing.

No worries, a true Space sim will find us in the void some day. When it does I shall salute to all the failed Space age games that utterly flopped and failed so harshly to the weathering stupidity of developers on their customer betrayals, and still we will thank them consciously or other wise as they helped create it.

You need to log-in to post here.