About that "Feelings, thoughts and decisions"

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » About that "Feelings, thoughts and decisions"

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey Roguey, i couldnt vote because all vote choices are somewhat weird there should've been 1 more like:
"Yes, every corp has downfalls in time we will see" or something simmilar. Personally i couldnt vote even if you gave this kind of vote that i wrote, i cant vote because i didnt played it yet, but as i've seen so many negative reviews etc i dont think i will.
Hey there's always new game in X3TC/AP Wink.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

That option I consider to be covered with "Maybe, depends", though for myself that company is gone since the game has no chance to get where it is ment to be, at least not before the newcomers will be on the market - and those seem to offer a nicer gameplay than XR's annoying of the player with waiting times everywhere, be it in the game, the UI or getting around while actually getting nothing done.

Waste of gametime in my view, I prefer to have fun instead of playing a waiting game that uses time-waste to make up for lack of content. Plus, considering all the lies, Egosoft is not going to be supported by me again - trust isn't to be messed with; at least for me.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

@xenon if undecided then as mauzi said to pick maybe, depends. Normally in polls I have positive, neutral, bad - over 5 questions (I didnt want polls to have too many options, as it would get confusing).

Well.. I think the whole thing really ultimately depends on egosoft, I can ask/suggest things but if no-one listens then that's it. How much damage has already been done is another question altogether.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I voted no. I just won't be able to forgive Egosoft. I realize Egosoft are a small company, I realize they are also probably near broke during the release of Rebirth.

However... That isn't my problem. Egosoft have obviously and blatantly lied, and still continue to do so about the what Rebirth was intended to be.

The entire game is built around consoles. Just.... the entire game. Console code found in the game files, console controllers given priority over joysticks, the entire games interface designed to be available to port to a console version. Egosoft, you want the game to be ported over, just god damn admit it!

Then there's many people such as BarrenEarth banned during the year leading up to release. Most of the forum comments were ignored, or answered minimally, yet Barrens questions for example, obviously hit nerves because the Devs kept coming back, and over, and over saying how wrong they were. Fact is, they were right. And normally banned shortly after.

The games not finished. Nearly a month now since release, it's still no where near finished. It's merely an Alpha compared to what Egosoft advertised. Yet again, they are talking bullcrap. I didn't pay for an Alpha!

Egosoft in my eyes have become petty liars, seller of broken alpha products, and quite frankly I hope their company collapses.

Also, my refund was refused by Steam. I reopened my ticket but got the usual response.

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Fallent, there's some nice thread in the Egosoft forums for steam refunds. Though, e.g. in the US that doesn't help - it did help in the UK though due to the lies. Check this thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4237165#4237165

And yes, I totally agree that "fixing" the game won't help at all. What it needs foremostly is getting content and playability, which would pretty much require a fundamental redesign first-off and even without such would take years. No thanks !

Tigereye31890

Tigereye31890 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've said this before but 7 years in development? Really... that's hard to believe right?

No worries, a true Space sim will find us in the void some day. When it does I shall salute to all the failed Space age games that utterly flopped and failed so harshly to the weathering stupidity of developers on their customer betrayals, and still we will thank them consciously or other wise as they helped create it.
Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, you can estimate that there's like 3-4 years into the game engine and 2 years into trying out to get X-Rebirth (but also X³!!) running on Xbox and Playstation (this was confirmed in a german interview). Guess how much time was actually spent on getting the XR we see out.

So, after all the console fail tries the PC version clearly was just a f*k-up to earn some coins, they've planned to leave the PC for a while already and even announced that they are looking forward to get XR ready for the new generation consoles. So, while they now use the PC platform to iron out bugs, they basically abuse the PC X-fans to prepare XR for the console. Way to go as final blow to the "loyal idiots" who still didn't get what Egosoft is after - I truly feel sorry for them.

Now, since XR will be for new consoles once the bugs are mainly fixed (it was announced long before release), I only wonder how they'll get around the QA restrictions of the console companies with their reputation of creating a bugfest at release - they can only abuse their few remaining PC customers so often...

Staberind

Staberind avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

This is the second game company (that I have supported) that has burned their pc customer base in order to chase consoles. I can semi understand ccp's decisions (Eve, and Dust), however, resorting to cash grabs from eve customers to support their over extension, left me with a sour taste in my mouth. bye bye 5 years of eve.

Ego's desperation to cash into consoles is also understandable from a "we are a company that sells products" point of view, but historically, their forums are only populated due to the dedicated modders who keep their products "semi~fresh".
I have no reason to veil my disgust at their design choices and ignoring of beta testers, that have pretty much crippled an otherwise gorgeous addition to the x universe.
If they can unf*ck their console based UI, patch in multi ship use and gradually expand the x universe, I would happily buy it and a couple more copies for my friends, at the moment, I just faff about in XR on my neighbours computer, having had doubts about pre-ordering it.
While I could easily copy it entirely* to mine, its not something I am comfy with as yet.

*I grabbed some dat files to rummage in.

corbyspencer

corbyspencer avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Having played the game since its release I can honestly say I am bored with the sameness of everything. It seems that, in order to introduce contact with those ugly, abusive, empty AI's, they have had to simplify loads of other stuff like actually achieving goals.

To cap a ship it seems inevitable that you become a criminal, if you don't then the endless searching for dropped crates is about the only way to get cash, or am I missing something. Yes I have a fairly powerful ship, I've downed a Xenon carrier without reply, but by this time with X3 I had a fleet of ships and was riding around in a fancy Xenon fighter I'd capped.

With regard to using the Xbox controller I'm actually enjoying the control it gives rather than the limited functionality of the mouse as it gives finer and more precise control. However I can't see this game making it to consoles as the options within the game are too messed up in the quest by Egosoft to produce something different - what was their thinking and I cannot see 7 years of development - just 4 galaxies!

Another annoyance is the b****y music, I play with headphones and the continual low level music is driving me mad, I'm hearing it even when not playing the game. One aspect I do like is the tonal colours when searching for containers much like sonar they direct you to where the container is.

Verdict - back to X3!

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Right my impression, the boredom is what got to me as well: All the same repetitive crap, no variety in what you can do, etc. - nothing in this "universe" feels alive at all, and having to get around stupid game mechanics really is merely the topping on the lack of actual gameplay.

The only way to actually "have fun" for a while exploring the actual game content was after editing the savegame with plenty of cash. And while this saved a lot of stupid crate collecting, etc. it also quickly showed how little you can do in this "universe". Exploring the game for the sake of it got boring soon enough for me.

I really have no clue what people actually keeps playing this besides decent space graphics. But then, there's millions of WoW style players who don't need actual game content variety, a challenge or freedom in a game - the new target audience, I guess.

As for the bad music: I always play with music off - especially for Egosoft! - since no matter how great a song is, it'll annoy you after hearing it for the 100th time. So, dunno the XR music at all here - didn't even try this time, especially after seeing the rest of the game.

P.S.: It is 4 systems which have the size of about the map of X²

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Mauzi@
The X3 games has always lure me into the good gameplay and awesome atmosphere like: music, universe (look) and few sectors (my favourite sector is Xenon Sector and Xenon Sector 534 + some Uknown sectors. I've downloaded XR ost and its really really good, too bad that in some games like XR the music is better than the game itself xD.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Just about time, what a coincidence!! I've just downloaded Alexei Zakharov's music of Rebirth too! Yeah the soundtracks are awesome, although the game itself is not that awesome.

I thought I would use those wonderful soundtracks for X3 AP. Nod

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
corbyspencer

corbyspencer avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

As for the bad music: I always play with music off - especially for Egosoft! - since no matter how great a song is, it'll annoy you after hearing it for the 100th time. So, dunno the XR music at all here - didn't even try this time, especially after seeing the rest of the game.

I actually have the music at zero but it still plays faintly and enough to really annoy if anyone can advise how to shut it off altogether I would be most grateful.

Patholos

Patholos avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, with XR abysmal track record, I find solace that it will never hit consoles. I genuinely believe that Microsoft and Sony, while being greedy corporate bastards, have standards for robbing their customers.

So no, XR will never hit consoles. Perhaps in 20 years, since that's the timeframe I predict seeing the pace of the development. 7 years to produce a POS, 13 to polish it.

You need to log-in to post here.