This is how to dogfight!

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » This is how to dogfight!

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

This is what I mean when I point out how crap x has become since x2 whereas dogfighting is concerned.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

it does look good... but I noticed 2 things;

- The cockpit moves around a lot - sometimes banking nearly half way up the screen (sometimes off putting).
- I also wonder how much of a effect beam weapons will have on dog-fighting? as there is no way you can avoid if being attacked by them.

JohnMcGoldrick

JohnMcGoldrick avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

I was trying to find help on fighting in X Rebirth, do you have any help with this? How are you supposed to target ships for fighting?

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

it does look good... but I noticed 2 things;

- The cockpit moves around a lot - sometimes banking nearly half way up the screen (sometimes off putting).
- I also wonder how much of a effect beam weapons will have on dog-fighting? as there is no way you can avoid if being attacked by them.
- Roguey

Jingles put up another video after sorting out his mouse controls (he will do joystick next) It's alot better.. Well X has autoaim which you could argue the same point about, later weapons do have slight tracking from watching his next vid

As for cockpit moving around, well I kind of got that impression of X-rebirth from watching your vids, I'm not a fan of it myself, but you gotta remember it's alpha and testers may get it changed if people complain enough..

@JohnMcGoldrick.. Just turn off your engines and point your ship at the target because from what I have seen X-Rebirth is 2013 space invaders. The ship movement reminds me of watching a hovercraft it's rather a let down... Just play X2 it's the last In the x-series that had anything that resembles dogfighting... Maybe if the shortened the range of the weapons things would improve..

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

He said he has never played with an Alpha test of any sort. Laugh
So he's never bought any Egosoft games? LOL Big grin
And waited while the finished product was fixed.
Toetap Probably not.

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

As for cockpit moving around, well I kind of got that impression of X-rebirth from watching your vids, I'm not a fan of it myself, but you gotta remember it's alpha and testers may get it changed if people complain enough..
- jjhawk

Well in XR the cockpit moves a little, however in EliteD it seem to be moving a lot - like the pilot is being thrown around like no tomorrow. I just think it needs to be dialled down a bit.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

As for cockpit moving around, well I kind of got that impression of X-rebirth from watching your vids, I'm not a fan of it myself, but you gotta remember it's alpha and testers may get it changed if people complain enough..- jjhawk
Well in XR the cockpit moves a little, however in EliteD it seem to be moving a lot - like the pilot is being thrown around like no tomorrow. I just think it needs to be dialled down a bit.
- Roguey

Yes I feel the same way, but it's no different to any of the x-games you just don't see quite as much In x3 because of the 3rd person perspective.. If you load up x2 with the cockpit and 1st person view then you will see it's not much different to that elite dangerous alpha..

@rhohltjr Actually Jingles is a big x-series fan and like the rest of us he is dissapointed with the latest game..

You need to log-in to post here.