editting 101

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » editting 101

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

After i found out I did not complete the plot I went back redid it. Now my drone factory is done . Everyone says they edit their saves to go farther. How is that done?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yea I had a lot of problems at that point; for me the station never built the URV Wharf, so I had to use the cheat.exe to skip pass that section in a new game. So sorry, I cant really help.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Cheat exe ?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

yea, part of the tester stuff - as we needed to jump to places to test things.

Staberind

Staberind avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

A slightly easier way, perhaps, Scott, is using the save editor, tell the architect to get the stuff themselves, or whatever,
save, load up that save in the editor, and remove the wares that are still needed, (set them to 0 from whatever number) on the far right tab in "Player owned ships" it wil bump it forwards a fair bit, then go back to architect and ask to add onto your station, choose next lot, save, and repeat, its save scumming, but it at least moves the plot forward. of course, you can acheive the same thing editing the .xml of the save, but using the save editor reduces the chance of borking things.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Staberind I did try that, but nothing seem to work for me. So I was forced to use the cheat.exe to jump over it. Even the build-drones got stuck Confused

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Staberind I did try that, but nothing seem to work for me. So I was forced to use the cheat.exe to jump over it. Even the build-drones got stuck
- Roguey

People are still playing this pile of crap?! Sniper

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

@BarrenEarth, also ES site has suddenly became..., I shall say it, inactive since the release of x rebirth as if ES are not going to release anything anymore, or maybe even shutting down the project! Nothing active is going on the site other than the forum, and most of what's active in there is just the community posting things, don't you think?

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Raptor yea, I agree - things have been rather quiet over there (on the official pages; main page, facebook etc.). Im not seeing a lot of activity in the test areas either(L5/6's). Maybe xmas might have an impact on things, dunno (although id would of thought it been the other way around)? Its hardly like egosoft are actively encouraging people with news and give-aways etc.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Raptor yea, I agree - things have been rather quiet over there (on the official pages; main page, facebook etc.). Im not seeing a lot of activity in the test areas either(L5/6's). Maybe xmas might have an impact on things, dunno (although id would of thought it been the other way around)? Its hardly like egosoft are actively encouraging people with news and give-aways etc.
- Roguey

They are too busy brushing up their resumes... kinda feels like they are getting their affairs in order before the funeral eh?

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

People are still playing this pile of crap?!
- BarrenEarth

LOL Yes Truth Cookie Dealer, Second time through the plot. Think the economy is FUBAR.
Why did the devs give us a Integrated URV factory that only produces metal
plating and turret doohickeys at the URV wharf(haven't seen it actually produce
any turret doohickeys though). A modder is working on an economy mod that may
help(only direction is up).

I am getting pretty bored going through the plot knowing the after plot economy is ...dead.

Maybe I should wait a few more patches between attempts. Go nuts

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."

You need to log-in to post here.