Is X Rebirth worth buying ?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Is X Rebirth worth buying ?

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm interested in X Rebirth but I've heard tons of negative reviews about this game.
Is this game worth buying or not ? I'd rather wait for the game to be one sale, but I'd appreciate your opinions and experiences about the game.

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

nope, not at this time Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Simply X3 trilogy is better, and most importantly, more playable!

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you.
I am waiting for steam sale then, because 50 euro is a bit too much for Polish Zloty (bank abbreviation: PLN).

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Not it really isnt. I wouldn't even buy the X trilogy and expansions again either. I just picked up a second copy of all the X games for Steam through the humble bundle for a $4 donation to some charity.

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I had X Rebirth for a present and have never been so disapointed in what was hyped up to be so great and what we got was, (Well, just read any review on the game!)
Even if you can work through all the bugs, (using some mods helped), after 200 hours I was bored with it... It doesn't have enough to keep you interested, and everything is so long winded, the attitude seems to be, "why use one menu, when you can use six!!!" on the advice from some of the guys on here, I went out and bought X3 Terran War Pack you get TC & Albion Prelude, and it is great, everything works (so far)and it is so simple to get missions from stations and ships, I've managed to build my own HQ, got 2 Universal Traders earning for me and have carried out loads of missions, although ran out of time on some of the harder ones, but the main point is, there is lots to do and plenty of exploring to do, and I haven't done any of the campaigns yet!

I don't see X Rebirth ever coming close to what we have in previous X series even if they get it to work how it should.. so in my opinion, Don't buy it ever.... you will be so disapointed.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hey, I was reinstalling X3AP on my computer just today because I really needed something to waste lots of time on recently, and I remembered X rebirth and decided to see if it had become better... *cough*, sorry, playable that is, and I couldn't get a solid answer, so I was wondering if anyone knows if the game has gotten playable with the 1.30 patch? are there mods that make it playable/worth playing? what's a reasonable amount to pay for it, if any?

thanks in advance!

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Umbru

Umbru avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It is playable now I managed to run all the way through the camping without any trouble in a day or two after the 1.30 patch hit. The biggest turn offs for me were all the time spent in highways in Devres going between it and Albion (Player jump drive gets around this)but there is enough going to keep you moving through until the end of the plot (final mission is disappointing) I ran out of stuff to do after that though you can build stations but you don't have enough control to make self sustaining loops or even build and effective trade empire. Capital ship combat looks awesome but again you don't have enough control to get much out of it other than putting a bunch in your squad and flying into hostile territory and hopping a fight kicks off.

I think the content patch that will make me drag it out again will be the one that improves asset control that will motivate me to at least load it up long enough to build up a fleet burn Plutarc to the ground.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Okay, at least there's improvement, the only thing that's keeping me from it now is the lack of player ships, I want to be able to fly everything like I could in X3, anything less is disappointing to me. the steam workshop making things interesting or is it kind lame? I can (kinda) get over a bad plot if the open work is big enough and there was way more content, but by the sound of things it still is in need of much improvement.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Fallent

Fallent avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I would say it's worth buying now for about $10. Maybe $12. $15 at the most if you're desperate. Something bargain bin priced you can buy, play a little of, then move to your main game.

Current Steam asking price of $40-50 is still pretty outrageous though. It's not currently worth anywhere near that, and I doubt it ever will be.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Hah, watch this, I'm gonna open this topic AGAIN!

Anyone test out the "2.0" update yet? saw it on an ad, got me curious, seems like nobody is bothering to write new reviews, the meta score scared everyone off. At least Egosoft released it free, they're trying to fix their mistake, but I think it might be too late for that. I already know that I still can't fly any other ships, but I'll still ask about the gameplay.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 9 years ago.

Yeah, I've been MIA for a while because I've been stuck on KSP, FTL and BL2.

X: Rebirth is 50% off on steam currently, and I'm tempting the buy... Worth? Not worth? Have they fixed everything yet?

I will be the one to take you down!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Yeah, I've been MIA for a while because I've been stuck on KSP, FTL and BL2.

X: Rebirth is 50% off on steam currently, and I'm tempting the buy... Worth? Not worth? Have they fixed everything yet?
- RandomTank

I seen that. Even at that price I have to pass on it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

- RandomTank

Depends how much money you have to burn - although £20 else where gets you quite a few games on steam. Even with the updates, its still lacking in a lot of areas - trading, building, grandma npc's, little end-game content etc. Dont think of it as X4, more like X-Tension (with slightly better graphics but much higher demands).

I personally wouldnt recommend buying if more than £10; that way you cant be too disappointed. But thats just my opinion. I heard a few who people like the game although not many.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

I don't think the big names quite appreciate how "playability" factors into people deciding on their games. It made X3 successful, but sounds like it will be the death of the series in Rebirth. The new complex-building looks cool, but as you guys have reviewed, much of what X-fans wanted in a next generation game has been left out or changed. Roguey's scalding critique of Egosoft's response is also disheartening.
I truly enjoyed the open Beta for the C&C Renegade Roguey advertised (thanks for that), but the game needs a lot of work done to it before I would spend money on it. The camera movement, for one example, greatly affects the playability of the game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

@DangerClose not sure what you mean by Renegade, as its been remade by a group of fans which is free to play (without any charges).

as for my opinion, its just my own thoughts.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.