My FPS increase - made game playable for me

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » My FPS increase - made game playable for me

Andyg1963

Andyg1963 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have been searching the web for tips to increase the FPS in game and found a thread which mentioned using Nvidia Inspector and adding X Rebirth to the Bioshock profile. I did this and got an increase in my FPS but not really massive. I then changed "threaded optimization" to on and got a 50% ( roughly ) increase, 40 - 50 fps around busy stations and up to 90 in empty space ( while looking for containers to rob ). The game now runs much more smoothly and I have been able to turn on things previously disabled like reduced traffic etc.

for me this made the game playable and I am now enjoying the X Rebirth experience.
Using game version 1.30
Sager NP7280 laptop
I7 950 cpu
2 x Nvidia GTX480 SLI

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I guess that is just forcing your video-card drivers to use multiple cores, as it may default to a single core otherwise. If its defaulting to a single core that is strange. How come you have SLI on a laptop?

Andyg1963

Andyg1963 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

The reason I bought a laptop ( luggable, you wouldn't really want it on your lap )is that I travel a lot and I wanted something that can play my games with the kind of performance I can see on a desktop.

I normally play flight sims, DCS World and Rise of Flight and in these I get very acceptable performance.
Far Cry and Crysis also good..

Had the thing about three years now and if I was going to replace it I would probably go for one from the same maker ( Sager / Clevo ) but with a single GTX880 GPU and the fastest CPU they can fit.

Overall I would say that SLI has not been the "solution" I thought it might be.

Andyg1963

Andyg1963 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Asteroid fields are still a killer. The one at Solitude ,Devoid Clime, Omicron Lyrae is bringing the FPS down to the low 20's. Looks like I won't be starting a career as a miner in the near future.

Overall, with the changes in release 1.30 RC6 and the messing around I have tried with my GPU settings the game is very definitely playable and I am looking forward to further performance increases with up coming releases.

X Rebirth will turn into a classic with a bit of patience from us and a bit of hard work from the Dev's.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I guess that is just forcing your video-card drivers to use multiple cores, as it may default to a single core otherwise. If its defaulting to a single core that is strange. How come you have SLI on a laptop?
- Roguey

Technically most of the A8 and A10 AMD laptops are crossfire between APU and dedicated. It is getting very common.

You need to log-in to post here.