X Rebirth Community Bug Tracker

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » X Rebirth Community Bug Tracker

Luke1410

Luke1410 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Normally I don't think it's good habit to start posting in a Forum with some self-advertisement purpose.... But I guess since this is basically for the community, it deserves some exception here...

I just finished setting-up a bug tracker for X Rebirth which allows us players to keep better track of bugs and issues in the game than just looking through different Forums. I hope in addition to the official homepage, this serves as a single place to collect all issues we run into the game.

If you like, take a look (though it's still in it's initial plain set-up atm and should be brought in a more useful state during the following days):
Universe and X Rebirth Community Bug Tracker.

[Roguey] Changed hyperlink to clickable

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

nice idea there, but when I was in DevNet there was like 30+ people posting bug-reports to Egosoft forums. I think before its release there was something like 1000 bug-reports without any replies. So Egosoft probably knows about most of them, but failed to fix them. Couple with a few other things, many of the testers left. Whos to blame for all of this, well I dont know.

ps. Some of the bug-reports were posted about 6 months (before release).. which to-this day (as I know) never got fixed. Okay some of them minor (like the square-box shadow on platforms) but still should of been fixed sooner or later.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

I agree with Roguey, while I was not at the same level he was in devnet historically bug reports are plethorific but generally ignored. The more bug reports an individual submitted the more likely they would fall from grace with CBJ and the rest of the deviants running the show.

There is no reason to help Egosoft since they obviously don't want our help.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Barren. During my time there, only a handful of bug-reports were checked, fewer actually corrected and litte/no feedback was listen too (myself I posted 10-20 pages to DevNet, CBJ etc.) which felt to land on deaf ears.

X-Rebirth wasnt a game tailored to its community, but what Bernd/publisher wanted. During its development our (testers) feedback was basically ignored. It was only listened to when the public said something in its numbers. Why the public had to put up with all the crap I dont know.

Its a shame how they operated (not listening, and cheating players) but you cant change their attitude. Egosoft are a law to themselves and will not often interact with its community/projects. Something which they should of placed a lot more importance on. So I wouldnt go too much out of your way for them, as they wont appreciate any of it. Many of them also think your efforts are replaceable. Maybe you will get better response than me.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

And now their forums are in full blown lock down mode as they are apparently butt hurt that we didn't declare Rebirth 2.1 a complete success and worship at the alter of CBJ and Bernd...

Sad, I am back to thinking they will be bankrupt or sold by the end of the year.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Sad, I am back to thinking they will be bankrupt or sold by the end of the year.
- BarrenEarth

I dont think they will be out-of-money for awhile. For a small developer they made a lot of money from all the hype of XR. However I do feel this will be their last project; so they are trying to do what they can to repair there relationship with the public. For many too much damage has been done. A game should never been sold at £40 in that state, and equally after patching is still a bad game.

grindleader

grindleader avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

As far as I am concerned, they burned their bridge with me. I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from them, even if they create the eighth wonder of the world.

Their sheer effrontery and gall to foist this half baked, cobbled together code monster, upon people who trusted them, coupled with their continued arrogance and refusal to accept reality, has earned them the scorn and derision they so justly receive. On top of all that, you have their dishonest, and hardly subtle fanbois moderating the steam forums and generally shutting down with impunity, anyone who questions the game or egosoft itself.

They might as well be hanging out with Lois Learner. Scandalous.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

Putting aside whether they were scandalous or not, I will never again trust their design ideas and direction of work. It is just appalling that Bernd thinks this was his masterpiece and somewhere in his mind he actually thought what they made was "good". The design flaws of this game show me that Bernd either designed this himself with no help, or the brain trust of the X franchise quit a long time ago and they were winging it.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Sigh, I really wish Steam allowed you to hide games from your List. Spotted Rebirth the other day, and nasty, got these memories of this disaster back.

That aside, just felt like posting I fully agree with Roguey. No game should be released in the condition this was for £40! It's outrageous. And Ego's responce was to say "thanks for your money! We're happy it's selling so well!"

Well fuck Egosoft. And honestly, fuck those insane people that defend a game that's still not "finished" over half a year later after release.

The game was sold in a blatenly obviously faulty, unfinished state, on a Publisher (Steam) that deliberately refuses to give refunds. A massive con!

I believe if Egosoft could get away with it, they would happily be shipping out Paid DLC for it right now.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I was looking at your site the other day, and to be honest its a better system than DevNet. All we had there was forum posts, which were tagged by a set keywords. Although I still think Egosoft will never read it - maybe im wrong.

You need to log-in to post here.