Mystery Jump Gate in Teledi Outpost

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Mystery Jump Gate in Teledi Outpost

Altimis

Altimis avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

I was wondering in Field of Opportunity just for adventure mood and I surprised what I found there...

Picture

This is from Teledi Outpost main area, far west/north there sector called "Silent Night" and I was explore there to find anything interesting. ITS ANOTHER GATE!

Holy GATE!!! I thought we have only 4-5 gates so far (2 gates for latest DLC, Teledi Outpost connected inbetween Omicron and Albion)

Albion Look Out gate (the one Ren Otani used to flee PMC)
DeVire Gate (the one connected between DeVire and Omicron)
Maelstrom Gate (hello Xenon house door)
Albion Far Out gate and another Omicron gate (for access DLC area, Teledi Outpost, can access both way to the Teledi territories)

Yet, I found another one! never notice it before!!! its hard to find because there no highway and no clue where is it.

I wonder what is this gate for? lead to where? which race behind the gate? Earth? Boron? Split? or worst, Kha'ak?

Unfortunately, I still can't find the way to activate the gate, maybe its locked by intended or something.... miss.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well those dead gates are usually just there for effect. It could possible for ego make them active, in a plot or another DLC. However you cant active them yourself.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

I'm looking at it right now on Steam. X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost DLC. Worth the $10 ya think?

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well those dead gates are usually just there for effect. It could possible for ego make them active, in a plot or another DLC. However you cant active them yourself.
- Roguey

So far, none of the gates in X Rebirth were "just for effect".
Every existing gate, except this one, is leading somewhere.

I'm looking at it right now on Steam. X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost DLC. Worth the $10 ya think?
- DangerClose

If you are into freelancing around massive no-man's land, with Xenons, nebulas, and hidden pirate bases which you can work for, I would go for it. Just make sure you have dashing shields Mk4 or Mk5, to make travelling enjoyable.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

- DangerClose

Depends if you like Rebirth or not. Although the DLC was free before December.

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

It's an interesting new system that, apart from a shipyard (e.g. new ships and an additional resource sink) and a mini plot, offers support for a privateer lifestyle or, via the gate options, plot-style war on PMC alongside HoA without Wrecksville Jump Beacon issues.

The value compared to cost would be a personal decision. If affordable, it adds new things that may be of interest.

You need to log-in to post here.