Gamer4life avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

need help getting last fusion reactors

Gamer4life

Gamer4life avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I have been to all places in albion and no one will sell to me. I don't know how to get to Omicron Lyrae.

Alareth

Alareth avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

You can't get to OL until after the URV Forge is built.

Do you have trade agents on the stations that produce fusion reactors? It can take a bit but keep checking the trade menu and you will eventually see some available. Remember that the factories have a set amount of time it take to produce them.

Also check to see if any of the producers are short on resources because that can put a stop to production. It may be an opportunity to make some credits buy supplying them.

Stryderunknown

Stryderunknown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

If you have the Teladi DLC then you can use the jumpgate there to backdoor into the OL sectors before you've access to the gate in DeVries.

The Trade Agent information is updated apparently once an hour, so you could watch the cycle of stations that make the wares you are after and try to get a trade ship there before anyone else. Alternatively invest in a Hacker Drone and hack ships that carry the wares you are after. If you do it right you won't get a rep hit and you'll gain all the Fusion Reactors you need and some.

(If you get wares you can't sell, just dump them in a captured ship and sell the ship to the shipyard.)

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Two of the three Fusion Reactor producers in Albion are not PMC. Therefore, if you place Trade Agents on them and scan the info point for the Fusion Reactor-producing station module, you can check from anywhere in the galaxy how long it will be until they finish their next batch via the station into page. Then you can quickly switch over to the Trade interface and buy them with a trader like the plot Rahanas or another Rahanas Container (good for speed).

As long as the Defense Office on the trade ship is set to Defensive, PMC should not fire on it when it passes through Wrecksville (which has heavy PMC defenses near the Jump Beacon due to the Refuel station being close). To be on the safe side, it would be best to avoid being in-zone with the trader when it goes through Wrecksville. However, that is probably superstition on my part since PMC will probably not fire on your defensive civilian ships during the plot now.

AstroNutZ

AstroNutZ avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I've been playing the game consistently (free play) since 3.0 came out, and here is some information that you may find useful. As you go up the tech tree, production facilities become more and more rare. There seems to be a bottleneck around certain items that bring the economy to a stand still. Things like fusion reactors are hard to get, but here is the best way to get the items you need:

1. Find a factory that has the item you need. Identify that production facility and look at the details of the (i) information icon or navigate the detail page to tell when the production facility will finish producing the next batch.

2. Wait till the batch is produced. I recommend talking to an NPC trader at the station to be a trade agent so you can go do other things while you wait. Maybe set an alarm on your phone to go off when the batch is produced.

3. As soon as the products are produced, buy them via trade computer. If you wait for more than a minute after the products are made... there already gone. This is because the economy is starving for certain products.

I recommend identifying where the bottleneck is and build those stations. Also, if you haven't been playing for 6+ hours, your economy is still in preset mode. It takes 6 or more hours before it works itself out. When starting a new game, I recommend leaving the game run over night while you dock at a station and allow the economy/trade system to develop.

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

IMHO This plot mission counts as semi-broken. I bottled it and used the save file edit method to get round the resource issue... Wink

Imarikurumi

Imarikurumi avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I had issues with this quest too. On top of what AstroNutZ mentioned, checking the production time and camping the Trade Offers menu, should also check out the station modules itself and whether it has enough mats.

During my playthrough, i faced the problem of destroyed NPC station modules which halted the production of Fusion Reactors. I simply let the game run OOS and save load a few times for the stations to repair.

And on top of that, some of the production stations were not getting materials/resources to create the product. I had to manually top up their antimatter cells etc. I believe the PMC hostility caused some blockage in the trade routes.

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

The strange thing is... having started my own Cut Crystal fab in Albion space, the manager has no problem getting the required wares to build and extend the station providing she is supplied with the necessary funds. (And Freighter). Even with Plutarch acting hostile!

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

That's probably because stations are limited to trading within systems (e.g. Albion), and there are only a few inter-system traders at the outside of the plot due to the lore. So when some rarer materials become available, your Manager may send a ship for them or a greater number of NPCs may sell them to the Manager. Whereas typically in the plot, players are in a different system and can only get things like FR through manual trades if they check at the right time before produce is purchased by NPCs.

Draitha70

Draitha70 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Here's a new one: My URV Forge manager is asking me to supply 5 Welder Drones so they can finish integrating the Construction Vessel...Where do I get those? Roguey supporter

Draitha70

Draitha70 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Edit: Welder Drones are what Construction Drones used to be called. Lovely. Dizzy

You need to log-in to post here.