Opening Up Jump Gate To HoL?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Opening Up Jump Gate To HoL?

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 6 years ago.

I've just started a fresh play through of X-Rebirth, with the campaign but intending to go off and do a bit of freelancing first. However, having found the jump gate from Albion to the HoL systems I can't actually go through it. That is, the ship will pass through the ring but the jump tunnel doesn't activate. A Google search has been unrevealing, I know on my previous playthrough I was able to get to HoL fairly early on, but it appears you must have to advance the main story a bit before the gate actually works? Can anyone recall at what point that is? I'm pretty certain it was before the URV forge and wharf, as I was collecting most of the parts from there. Could it be after the DeVries gate opens?

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

A search back through the boards confirmed it's when DeVries opens up.

So a bit of grinding first to build up the ship and capital, then off we go!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

glad you found your answer, sorry I couldnt help - its been too long since I played XR.

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Well I've managed to get to HoL but I don't know, just seems an incredible grind on this playthrough. Particularly in HoL when some of the hazard clearance missions are about 600km away from the populated areas (not unlocked SETA yet). Economy still seems incredibly unbalanced to the point where it just doesn't have the compulsion you felt in X3TC to attempt a commercial empire.

I'll probably work HoL until I can set up a small fleet of ships to use on the Forge in DeVries then just by the numbers through to the end game. Then uninstall forever and hope X4 does it better!

You need to log-in to post here.