X-R after all those years

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » X-R after all those years

niyatioxe

niyatioxe avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 2 years ago.

I was playing all from X-Gold to X3:AP, but I didnt touch X-R because of the critics. However, 3 weeks ago I bought it, and I must say, I actually enjoy it. Of course, I have no idea, what changed from the start of the game, and I was very critic of the story, but I gave it a go, after I finished X4 and I didnt regret it yet. Though I hate the Ship Name! appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

Shi_Man

Shi_Man avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 2 years ago.

Because some joker renamed as a Albion Skunk Big grin

So far, X:R is my fav X overall Big grin

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 2 years ago.

I must revisit it at some point. The biggest put off was the mid game stall getting parts for the URV (?) Forge but that was made easier by the DLC. It's still quite a linear game though, compared to previous X titles just the one campaign.

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 2 years ago.

I did start again but I don't know whether it's Windows 10, certain elements seem a bit funky. Joystick control is not as precise as it used to be and walking round on platforms, I found my avatar moving forward even when I stopped pressing "w". So at the moment it's kind of borderline whether I just delete the whole thing again and consign it to the vault of once (almost) great space games along with Wing Commander, Freelancer, X-Wing et al.

limnakhau

limnakhau avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 year ago.

Played over Sunday a new start after years of absence. It’s been greatly improved! Nice

I would like to use a revamp mod though so which one do you use, CWIR or New Frontier or is there a newer complete overhaul planned and better to wait for it, at least unroll X4 is patches more ahead...

You need to log-in to post here.