Joystick Issue And Also Getting Small Font Problem

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Joystick Issue And Also Getting Small Font Problem

shepard

shepard avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 2 years ago.

Thought I would reinstall this last night and was shocked to find my previous game I abandoned was 3 years ago in 2017!

Anyhow wanting to see how it runs with my new GTX 1650 graphics card and UHD monitor, I set the resolution to 3840 x 2160. Space looks beautiful but the on screen interactive text is tiny and unreadable, presumably due to the scaling (other older games also have this issue running at 4K/UHD).

Is there any way to increase the font size so it is actually legible/readable?

Also the game does not appear to be recognising my joystick, even though this is plugged in and active.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 2 years ago.

hi there. I think XR has always struggled to scale when ran in high resoultions (such as 4k). As I know of, XR wont scale at all.

Tarkaroshe

Tarkaroshe avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 2 years ago.

You can scale up the small text that appears in the centre of your screen by locating the config.xml file in your Documents->Egosoft folder.
Right click on it, select "open with" and then select Notepad.
Scroll to the bottom, till you see "</root>".
Add a new line above that and paste in <uiscale>3.0</uiscale>

Then save the file and launch your game.
Also, make sure you don't use "legacy" type HUD, use the "sidebar" version, and "sideconsole" settings in Game Settings. They're not brilliant but are a bit easier to use in 4K.

I haven't figured out how to make the text bigger on the feedback window through. If I find that one out, I'll edit this post.

Which Joystick do you have? Saitek / Logitech X52's work fine. But I believe there are problems with the X55/56 as they were made after X-Rebirth (Egosoft should have included profiles for later joysticks when they patched the game after launch).

You need to log-in to post here.