Will I enjoy X4?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Will I enjoy X4?

crockwaxi

crockwaxi avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 year ago.

I am hoping to get thoughtful and constructive opinions here.

My firth foray into the X series was X-Rebirth. Honestly it was not my cup of tea. I was having fun playing the campaign but as I progressed deeper into it, the enjoyment faded. I found it difficult and a bothersome chore to make money just to keep playing the campaign. By the time I had to pick up 8 marines and a captain I was out of money, finished that mission, and then needed to take my ships into the other sector to avoid the PMC, but one capital ship was out of fuel and I really had no idea where to get any. I am sure eventually I could have done some quick raiding or side missions, gathered money, found fuel, and been on my way.

However as I stated by now it felt more like a chore, just to complete a task, than a game, so I gave up.

Now I fully admit that I probably wasn't playing the game in the best possible way, however I am not sure what a good way to play it would be. I was also getting rather annoyed at some of the bugs with collision issues.

I am wondering if the new X4 is more enjoyable, or should I even bother getting it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 1 year ago.

Well X4 is kind-of X3.5 in my mind - it borrows heavily from Rebirth (same bad ui, same core coding) but improves on it (like the abilty to change ships, change equipment - lasers, engines, etc., better map, dlc which add content such as races, sectors etc.). I would say X4 is way more enjoyable than Rebirth - as like you, I found Rebirth disapointing and confusing. I cant belive some of egosoft design decisions with Rebirth - who would ever think a single player ship was a good idea?

However I wouldnt class X4 as true X4 game - if you get what what I mean. If egosoft took X3, whacked on a new engine; it could of been very special game. However instead we got an modified XR (better, but not X4).

Does that make X4 a bad game? well no, im basing my thoughts on the previous x-games, which I know some of guys will have spent way less time with. Myself I started with X-BTF (I miss that UI voice).

John_Colman

John_Colman avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 1 year ago.

When did you both last play X Rebirth? The early game after release is much different than in its current state. I actually like XR pretty much, even though there some aspects of it i dont appreciate, like beeing only able to fly 1 ship, no free station placement, repetive station interiors, small content size.....
For me X4 is the worst X game i ever played since i started with X2.
The reason is, this game is pretty shallow regarding its gameworld, the lore, missions and so on. The graphics are really bad for a game this new. I compared screenshots from X4 with ones from XR and X3. X4 looks always worse than XR and even in most cases than X3.
Spacestations are tiny and look more than outposts than factorys and tradestations were thousands are living and working. Spaceships have also bad designs, not all of them, but most. Egosoft recently overhauled the paranid ships, which was very much needed, but there is a lot more to do.
From what i experienced ingame aswell as read and saw in videos, X4 has a very bad AI too, the series always lacked truly good AI, but in X4 its definitly a big step backwards.

jintogens

jintogens avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 year ago.

When did you both last play X Rebirth? The early game after release is much different than in its current state. I actually like XR pretty much, even though there some aspects of it i dont appreciate, like beeing only able to fly 1 ship, no free station placement, repetive station interiors, small content size.....
The reason is, this game is pretty shallow regarding its gameworld, the lore, missions and so on. The graphics are really bad for a game this new. I compared screenshots from X4 with ones from XR and X3. X4 looks always worse than XR and even in most cases than X3.
Spacestations are tiny and look more than outposts than factorys and tradestations were thousands are living and working. Spaceships have also bad designs, not all of them, but most. Egosoft recently overhauled the paranid ships, which was very much needed, but there is a lot more to do.
From what i experienced ingame aswell as read and saw in videos, X4 has a very bad AI too, the series always lacked truly good AI, but in X4 its definitly a big step backwards.
- John_Colman

When did yo https://omegle.onl/ u both last play X Rebirth? The early game after release is much different than in its current state. I actually like XR pretty much, even though there some aspects of it i dont appreciate, like beeing only able to fly 1 ship, no free station placement, repetive station interiors, small content size.....
- John_Colman

issue got solvedd

You need to log-in to post here.