How is X Rebirth nowadays?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » How is X Rebirth nowadays?

gorakwedi

gorakwedi avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 year ago.

The core idea and gameplay of that game really interest me but there is no way I am going to spend 40€ on a game that is rated "mostly negative" without knowing its current state.

It seems like the game had a horrendous launch but every now and then a patch drops. I also just discovered that there is a small DLC coming in a few weeks - so clearly the game still has support. It is labeled as "X Rebirth 2.0" and the average player count is still ~200 and most of the newer reviews are positive.
https://showbox.tools/
So is it worth it? Are some of you guys still playing it and how does it compare to something like Elite Dangerous? What are other similar games worth looking into?

John_Colman

John_Colman avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 1 year ago.

X Rebirth 2.0 is not a new game, its an update that did release years ago.

My opinion about the game:
X Rebirth had a terrible start and I was initially massively disappointed by the confusing controls, an incredible number of bugs, the small game world and far too little content. After a few months it was already playable and Egosoft has patched a lot in the years since, so that X Rebirth is now in its vanilla version 4.10 a pretty solid game. If you add both DLCs it is really good. But it reaches real quality when you use some of the numerous mods from the community, which add new systems, ships, space stations, equipment, goods, factions, skills and gameplay mechanics to the game.
Of course, X Rebirth still has its weaknesses and things I dislike, such as the fact that you can only control one ship, but overall its strengths clearly outweigh them for me.
If you're looking for a space game with very good graphics and a lively immersive game world that is committed to the X principles of Trade, Fight, Build and Think and provides these to the player in an evenly balanced way, you'll have a lot of fun with X Rebirth.

You need to log-in to post here.