How's X-Rebirth these now?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » How's X-Rebirth these now?

lanesmang

lanesmang avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 1 year ago.

I'm super, super stoked for Star Citizen and now Elite Dangerous.

Recently I've actually just been playing Sins of a Solar Empire, but what I'd really like is to BE one of those ships while running my multi-planet empire. Sins is nearly the perfect game, it's just a different interface to the experience (RTS).

X-Rebirth was supposed to be that fix. I had a sort of hard time getting into X3. But Rebirth was supposed to be the "accessible" model. However, it was really buggy, slow, and altogether I'm told lacked the content it was promised anyway.
[/url]
But I figure time moves on. The company will have had time to fix it, and the community will have had time to release unofficial patches and their own content mods. So I guess it's time for me to ask.

How's the game?

Or is there maybe something else out there I could/should be looking at? I guess I could try X3 again. But I felt like I played for hours and made the equivalent of $3 in space credits.

John_Colman

John_Colman avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 1 year ago.

X3 is a solid but niche game that has established itself over time from its previous titles. If you are willing to invest time in it and games like these are vour favor, you might enjoy it a lot. X Rebirth is a reinvention of the series. Egosoft changed many aspects of the game, some to the worse, but most to the better. For me personally, XR is the best game of the series so far.

My first introduction to the x-games was with X2 The Threat, since then i played all following x games. I bought X Rebirth at the release date and was very dissappointed about the state of the game, but saw the potential it had. Since then Egosoft has patched a ton of bugs and issues to improve the game. Still there are bugs today, that should be fixed but havent been. Nonetheless for me it is the most immersive and enjoyable x game i ever played. If you have problems with bugs, maybe you find a mod here in the workshop or on nexusmods to fix that. The community has done a lot of work to improve the game. I can also wholeheartedly recommend both DLCs, they are great and add much needed content to the game.

There are great mods, that change X Rebirth a lot for the better, you can look here to find many mods listed on their compatibility:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=370788

And also here many other mods:
https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/?

You need to log-in to post here.